Meds or No Meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meds or No Meds?

It's been really hard because I've never been on so much medication in my life. I've had several things all go wacky at once - high BP, a monster cold (turns out during the last part of pregnancy your immune system is shot in order to keep your body from seeing the baby as an intruder), and a couple of other pregnancy-related (and therefore icky) things. I've always been very healthy, so having to take antibiotics, two cough medicines, BP meds... it's like having a handful of pills to take every day since I"m not used to it. But they're all necessary... high BP is dangerous, obviously, but I can't have a viral infection hanging around in case the baby is born soon - they would separate us in the hospital in order to keep us from sharing it (assuming I go to the hospital). The cough was the worst part because it was keeping the whole family awake. We all sleep in the same bed - I'd cough and Man Cub would wake up and yell "MAMA!" every time because it scared him. But he won't let me sleep in the other room. He cried for me every time because he's so used to sleeping right up next to me.

Anyway, things seem back on track now, and I'm really hoping that I stay in good shape long enough to have the VBAC I'm doing it all for! So far, so good!

Comment

Re: Meds or No Meds?

You know being all this sick and stuff. And your immune system getting beat about...I bet you are passing on some strong immune genes to your baby.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
      X