The Occupy Movement and Spirituality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Occupy Movement and Spirituality

I was doing my morning online news check and found these great pictures of sacred spaces and different spiritual expression at the different Occupy encampments and thought it would be nice to share....

Actually, it was Hassan who first pointed out an article on a Muslim wedding that was peformed at Occupy....then I found the rest of the images....very cool.....it includes an image or two from the wedding, a sukkah or two, meditation areas, prayer areas and more.
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Re: The Occupy Movement and Spirituality

Well even a little bitty library. That's really nice they have that time to read. I'd like a tent with some meditation beads. But I would never have time to enjoy it. Because I have to work so damn much....

/sarcasm
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Wow, cesara, thanks for sharing that.

For whatever reason, the sukkahs in particular really touched me.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

You know, when I first heard about this, I really hoped that the religious communities would play a major part. The whole helping the poor and the sick should always be your main focus, what ever your religion is.
        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          Well even a little bitty library. That's really nice they have that time to read. I'd like a tent with some meditation beads. But I would never have time to enjoy it. Because I have to work so damn much....

/sarcasm
          I'm miserable when I don't make time for my spiritual side.....but that's just me.
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X