• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cairo's Tahrir Square reoccupied by defiant protesters

oh please pleas please be careful.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh Dumuzi, this is terrible stuff, and the world stands by and watches.... please stay safe. And take care. Brightest blessings, Tylluan
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        I am sorry I'm using this as a blog as opposed to news & current events.
        In my eyes, this IS news & current events, my friend.

Trying to get any information from our usual news sources has been quite disheartening. Damned 'Black Friday' stories are apparently more important, here. I keep checking with YOU for the latest news!!

I must beg you to please be careful!! This turn of events is truly scaring me!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

How are things today, D? Thinking of you.......
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I agree with what Chain said...my local news is very conservative, and so unless I rely on the internet, almost no international news gets to me! Most of the people I know don't even know this is happening.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I see it here, on both Canadian and American news -- depending on the channel....they are saying it's bad, but there are few, if any, images or live feeds at all (on the news channels)....the information seems more blocked now than it did the last time with Mubarak....

sigpic

Comment

The media over here is even worse.

At the beginning there was nothing but lies broadcasted to people on TV and the Radio. And you had political 'experts' and everyone else really do nothing but praise the Military council and attack the protestors.

The military council comes out and makes statements that no tear gases were used and no live ammunition were shot, and that all people that are injured were thugs and so on. The media didn't even mention what the protestors were demanding. They were claiming we just wanted a new prime minister, although every single chant in Tahrir Square was against Tantawi and the military council.

Things are changing slowly though because more people are going to Tahrir and reporting back to their friends and family, so the truth is bound to spread. Pretty much like the first revolution.

Today is Friday so it's supposed to be HUGE at Tahrir. I'm going to eat at my grandmother and then head over there, god willing.
                [4:82]

Comment

BE CAREFUL!!!

*wonders what shipping is to send a gas mask and kevlar to Egypt*
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Do take care, Dumuzi !
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Stay safe dude! x
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Be safe, my friend. We're with you in spirit!

sigpic

Comment

I just read 'I'm going to eat my grandmother' and thought..well he's done snapped now.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Egypt Cabinet sit-in attacked by military, tens wounded, one reported dead

Sigh.

I'm so proud of my brave army, beating women up.

[4:82]

Comment

Oh geez....we're with you in heart, Egypt! Resist! Stay safe!

sigpic

Comment

I think this is important for us to remember over here, too: as much as things like pepper spray use here in America at the OWS protests have been very much not ok, that's not the same as people being killed. It puts things in perspective.
                                Stay safe, Dumuzi.
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X