X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jesus- the lord in heaven

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I don't go into the Pagan sections about ceremonies and rituals etc. Because it's not my thing. I hardly browse there. And when I do I take it with a grain of salt because I think most of it is bunk. I suggest that frame of mind when going to the Abrahamic Section as well. Know what I mean?
    That's a fair point. I tend to just go through 'what's new' when I log in so I don't always notice what section I am in... although the title of the thread probably should've been my first clue. :-)

As a general rule I do like this section though, the 'Ask a' threads in all the sections are generally of interest to me as I enjoy learning about other religions.
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Calmreflect View Post
      Hello,

I'm a former agnostic who now accepts Jesus. He helped me believe by sending an angel to speak to me. For those confused, I think it's very helpful to pray to him. (even if you unsure about him) It doesn't hurt to try it often. He does give people faith. People can pray to him to open their hearts to the word and to give them faith. It's important to accept Christ because his sacrifice atones for all sin (evil) a person does if you believe. He mentioned everlasting life in the New Testament. Jesus is the way to salvation. After praying for him to open their hearts to the word regularly, it's helpful to read the New Testament of the Bible. It seems different to read and true when your heart is open to it. The Father, Son(Jesus), and Holy Ghost are true! Christ died for our sins, was resurrected, and is lord in heaven now. The bible is full of history. =)
      I have no problem with the idea of a Christian deity. As a polytheist, it's not for me to say that this God or that God doesn't exist, because there could be millions of them out there that I don't know anything about. However, I have a number of reasons for being suspicious of the Gospels themselves, to the point where I'm not even sure that Christ and the Abrahamic God are the same deity. After all, they don't seem to have much in common.

The New Testament shows fulfilled prophecies of the Old Testament (including the birth of Jesus) and they were written years apart.
      I have major issues with the supposed prophecies foretelling Jesus. Many of the passages Christians call "messianic prophecies" originally had a completely different interpretation, often one that makes more sense in the context of that part of the scripture. A famous example is the passage in Isaiah talking about the "almah" who will give birth. This passage makes the most sense if you interpret as foretelling the fall of King Ahaz, (which Jews did for centuries) but Christians have taken it to refer to an event occurring seven hundred years later!

Likewise, a lot of the actual messianic prophecies, like the restoration of the temple, were never literally fulfilled by Christ. That's not even getting into the idea of a monotheistic God having a son. In general, the Jewish people have a lot of very legitimate and compelling arguments for rejecting Christ as their messiah, and it's unfortunate, I think, that most Christians are totally unaware of them. This is one of the big reasons that pagans who knew nothing about the Old Testament converted much more readily than the Jews who did; the latter recognized a huge difference between their scripture and the Gospels.
      Last edited by Yazichestvo; 19 Jan 2012, 14:51. Reason: punctuation changes
      If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
        That's a fair point. I tend to just go through 'what's new' when I log in so I don't always notice what section I am in... although the title of the thread probably should've been my first clue. :-)

As a general rule I do like this section though, the 'Ask a' threads in all the sections are generally of interest to me as I enjoy learning about other religions.
        Oh yeah I like this section too. I know it's always something new. I check the name of the section because it keeps me from saying things. I saw this thread when it first came on. I saw the section. I clicked and read and realized it's some noob being all I love Jesus in a Abrahamic thread. I was like next. I like to go to ADULTS and RANTS right away.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I used to be Christian. I walked away when a lot of my questions about family members of other faiths were answered with "well, they're wrong", but I started noticing something off when I lived next door to a gay couple when I was seven. They were wonderful men and what I would consider to be true Christians, but because they were gay they were told that they were not welcome at church. God teaches that people should be forgiving and loving and accepting of others, and I think that if he or Jesus or whichever incarnation of him your particular religion follows were here today, he would be utterly appalled at the way that people who call themselves Christian treat others and the things they have done. I've found something that fits me, doesn't denounce my sexual preference, and gives me peace. That's all I need, although I do welcome you to the board and hope you stick around and chat with everyone.
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I don't think this person is a troll. I think this person is sincere. I think all of you are over reacting...alot. You get bored. One new member comes in that's not a Pagan and you want to get your 3 nails out.
            According to Gardenia (at least as I read her post), this specific person tried this on another forum recently...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              According to Gardenia (at least as I read her post), this specific person tried this on another forum recently...
              I had interpreted her post differently. I read it as she extrapolated from the OP's post this was not the first Pagan forum where he tried this type of thing and was also ill received.
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

It seems different to read and true when your heart is open to it.

Originally posted by Calmreflect
                The bible is full of history. =) The New Testament shows fulfilled prophecies of the Old Testament (including the birth of Jesus) and they were written years apart.

John 14: 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Originally posted by near-death.com
                Hell - The category with the highest percentage seeing hell were those in the Christian (38%) category. The lowest percentage were those in the non-religious (0%) category. (bold mine)
                John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

Christians in this vast, drought-prone country on the edge of the Sahara desert, were among those facing starvation Tuesday, July 6, after aid groups described the food situation in Niger as "extremely desperate".

John 1:10-12 "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name."
                Uncompromising exposure of the counterfeit origins of Christianity and of the evil it has brought to the world.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
                Originally posted by Evilbible.com
                "I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)
                Would anyone like to share their views on Jesus, the Bible, heaven, etc?
                Yeah. God, if he exists at all, is a malevolent, hateful, vile being who, if he were a real person, would be immediately diagnosed with severe mental illness and committed to a psychiatric institution for the protection of himself and others. To worship such a despicable entity is a shameful thing; to advance the goals of this monster is a crime against humanity. To bow down and supplicate yourself before this bloodthirsty beast is the ultimate act of surrender of self-control and personal freedom. The twisted, half-formed thoughtform called God is nothing but an evil spiritual terrorist. I got out of that vicious cult three years ago, and will never, ever go back. I will do everything in my power to destroy the beast yahweh and stop him from spreading his murderous evil to the minds of the people of Earth, especially young children, and, most importantly, I will sooner die by my own bullet than I will ever bow down to that disgusting, worthless psychopath in the sky or his back-stabbing conman of a son. HAIL WOTAN!!

-Valhalla
                Last edited by Valhalla; 19 Jan 2012, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  I've belong to quite a few various religious forums. Hell I've seen some of you posting on other sites as well. Doesn't mean you are a troll. Know what I mean? I've posted the same intro personally on three different Satanist sites. Simply because it said everything I needed it to say. They posted in the section that's about their God. I don't see what the big deal is. They haven't sent us to a roasty Hell.

Comment

I've belong to quite a few various religious forums. Hell I've seen some of you posting on other sites as well. Doesn't mean you are a troll. Know what I mean? I've posted the same intro personally on three different Satanist sites. Simply because it said everything I needed it to say. They posted in the section that's about their God. I don't see what the big deal is. They haven't sent us to a roasty Hell.
                    Actually... I moved the topic into this section.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                      I had interpreted her post differently. I read it as she extrapolated from the OP's post this was not the first Pagan forum where he tried this type of thing and was also ill received.
                      No, this person joined another forum I belong to a few months back. While not an exact copy and paste, much like here their only real intent seemed to be to preach rather than actually discuss anything. If that changes this time around, great, but it doesn't seem that way yet...
                      Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
                        No, this person joined another forum I belong to a few months back. While not an exact copy and paste, much like here their only real intent seemed to be to preach rather than actually discuss anything. If that changes this time around, great, but it doesn't seem that way yet...
                        Ah, I see I was mistaken.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

I would like to see the OP respond more. They asked a question and several of us have answered. I would very much like to see a reply that doesn't quote bible verse and get to speak to the person underneath all of that. That, I believe, is why posting an introduction thread is a valuable thing to do when someone is new to the board...
                          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by Valhalla View Post
                            To worship such a despicable entity is a shameful thing; to advance the goals of this monster is a crime against humanity. To bow down and supplicate yourself before this bloodthirsty beast is the ultimate act of surrender of self-control and personal freedom.
                            I find it ironic that someone who worships Wotan would call the Abrahamic god a 'bloodthirsty beast.'

The twisted, half-formed thoughtform called God is nothing but an evil spiritual terrorist. I got out of that vicious cult three years ago, and will never, ever go back. I will do everything in my power to destroy the beast yahweh and stop him from spreading his murderous evil to the minds of the people of Earth, especially young children, and, most importantly, I will sooner die by my own bullet than I will ever bow down to that disgusting, worthless psychopath in the sky or his back-stabbing conman of a son. HAIL WOTAN!!
                            While I'm glad that you've found a worldview and belief system that jives with you, I think your broad generalizations are unfair. I'm not trying to preemptively know anything about you, but your rant n' vow there at the end sounds like something a rebellious 14 year old would say.
                            There once was a man who said though,
                            It seems that I know that I know,
                            What I'd like to see,
                            Is the I that knows me,
                            When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post
                              I would like to see the OP respond more. They asked a question and several of us have answered. I would very much like to see a reply that doesn't quote bible verse and get to speak to the person underneath all of that. That, I believe, is why posting an introduction thread is a valuable thing to do when someone is new to the board...
                              Me too. But if I were this person and I read the replies thus far..I'd probably not reply.

Gabe, I missed Vlhalla's reply. But thank you for bringing it to my attention. It's a pot. And it's naming that kettle. Oh man..this thread is fun!

Comment

Is it just me, or do Neophytes in any given religion do the most proselytizing?
                                "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
                                http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
                                "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
                                http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
                                "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
                                http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X