• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird entity in a dream

Interesting....thanks!

Comment

Have you looked into local folklore? There is something very similar around here. Close to where I live, there is a notorious estate called Meadow Well. People who grew up there often talk of dreams in which a werewolf-like creature would come into their room. My niece doesn't live in Meadow Well but her dad does and she stays with him a few times a week. She has also had these dreams and is terrified of wolves and especially werewolves. I try to take these stories with a pinch of salt, but someone told me that when the well the estate is named after, was removed, a stone wolf head was found at the bottom of it. I've tried to find more about this head but have been unable to track down anything about it (urban myth maybe?).

Oh my mum grew up in Meadow Well, but she saw a man with a tiger's head, not a wolf. I've never had a dream like this but it's interesting and just a little creepy.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Interesting....that kind of sounds similar in a way actually.

It's really, really hard to find Berlin folklore. It's been a cosmopolitan city for so long that a lot of it just disolved away. I'll maybe try to start out with Brandenburg maybe? It was always a lot more rural and has a much richer folklore (I'm only remotely familiar with Spreewald, which isn't near enough but I think the parts around Berlin must have more stories as well).

Comment

That's a good place to start. Also check out museums. Sometimes they keep strange things that have been dug up that might not seem to mean much to historians, but could really speak to you personally.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Ooo good call...I've actually been meaning to check out the Maerkisches Museum, which goes through the evolution of Berlin as a small trading community to the city it now is.

Comment

Working...
            X