X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imbolc: Themes and Activities

I love the bath ritual!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Re: Imbolc: Themes and Activities

This year was my first time celebrating Imbolc and I also did a ritual bath.

From a pantheistic point of view I felt at first that Imbolc really didn't fit into my belief system so I was going to cut it out all together, but I figured out a way. For me, the day is a celebration of women, and of hope for the future. Brighid became a symbol of femininity, and I carved her name (and hestia's, and vesta's) into a candle and let it melt down while I thought about girly stuff. We got our fire pit going too, for the hearth thing and for Candlemas.

I also planted a few seeds to represent the coming of spring. Next year I want to do like some of the others and make candles as well-and I also want to meditate more on the aspect of light from the darkness but it was a busy day.

Lord but I went on a tangent. Good to know the bath thing appealed to a lot of others as well.
      Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Working...
      X