Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solstice 2012 / Galactic Alignment

Originally posted by GypsySeaWitch View Post
    During every possible hurricane that might hit East Texas, my town goes into a panic even though we live far enough away from the ocean that all we get is a thunderstorm. Each time our Wal-Mart looks like the end of the world is coming with people stocking up on supplies. Only hurricane that ever damaged my town was Rita and that was because when it hit us it was a Cat 1...and we live about 4 hours away from the ocean. Was told it was a first time record for my town. However, even for that "the end is coming" events that happened not too long ago, our Wal-Mart was low in canned goods and water. I just sat there like, "Really? Really People?" Though I don't think it is as bad as South Park, well not always. lol. And yeah, I bet they will do an episode over it. I'm sure every show will have to have a 2012 episode. How could they not?
    lol living in an area with natural disasters does leave its mark on you. We don't even have them in Berlin, but I grew up on a fault line and you're supposed to have an 'earthquake kit' (batteries, flashlight, water, medical supplies) and enough canned food to get you through. I still feel odd if I don't have enough canned food for about a week and I always have meds/bandages, batteries, candles, matches and all that jazz, even though I totally don't need to.

Comment

Working...
    X