No announcement yet.

Need advice badly, dating a Christian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice badly, dating a Christian.

Originally posted by ThatKrazy View Post
    The only derisive comments I ever got were from an atheist who didn't respect me having beliefs at all.
    I actually find that really common as well. I don't know a lot of fundamentalist Christians, but the Christians I do know are pretty accepting of others' beliefs. I have a lot of atheist friends, however, and some of them can't accept or understand why people would be spiritual and religious. i've gotten everything from explanations of basic science (I support science, but thanks for that) to a copy of Richard Dawkins' 'The God Delusion' lent to me. I have a very close friend with whom I simply avoid any talk of anything like that all together, because he always has to be right and I know it will turn into a massive fight (and it's the reason I could never go out with him...I know he wouldn't accept my beliefs as 'logical').

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      I have a lot of atheist friends, however, and some of them can't accept or understand why people would be spiritual and religious. i've gotten everything from explanations of basic science (I support science, but thanks for that) to a copy of Richard Dawkins' 'The God Delusion' lent to me.
      ...and nevermind the number of scientists that are spiritual and religious.

Actually, one of the most spiritual and religious persons I know happens to be a physics professor. And heck, my degree is in biology (tbh, the more I know about *how it works* the more magical it is)...the guy that taught my developmental bio and evolution classes was a devout Catholic. And never mind that the minister of my UU congregation was a physicist before he decided to go to seminary.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        ...and nevermind the number of scientists that are spiritual and religious.

Actually, one of the most spiritual and religious persons I know happens to be a physics professor. And heck, my degree is in biology (tbh, the more I know about *how it works* the more magical it is)...the guy that taught my developmental bio and evolution classes was a devout Catholic. And never mind that the minister of my UU congregation was a physicist before he decided to go to seminary.
        Yeah it's totally biased. I also know religious scientists. Being religious doesn't have to mean discrediting science, and being a scientist doesn't mean having to cut out a spiritual nature if you have one. Though of course many scientists are atheists, I think often scientists can tend to have a spiritual side for the same reason that many scientists I know are also highly creative and artistic.....science involves thinking outside the box.

Comment

Working...
        X