UFO'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UFO'S

That works. Now while you're supplying him coffee, add in a few Hasbro games. The One Game Company can focus its efforts on the aliens and while it's busy dominating all other life Earth can try and close the tech gap.
    Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well, he was introduced to the Venga Boys so I'm sure a few Hasbro games could transmogrify...
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

What I don't understand are people that assume there are aliens among us in some plot to overthrow our civilization. If so, then they aren't much more intelligent than we are.

An alien species worth its salt wouldn't land one ship on Earth during an invasion. If they were smart, they'd simply shoot some highly contagious virus into the most populated areas, do follow-up for the less-than-populated areas after the initial dying-off period, and then land. Entire population wiped out, all wealth intact and ready for plunder.
        There once was a man who said though,
        It seems that I know that I know,
        What I'd like to see,
        Is the I that knows me,
        When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Pretty sure if aliens are clever enough to go traipsing into other peoples' galaxies, they would have seen what an awful mess we humans are and deemed this planet uninhabited by intelligent life forms.
          Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Wondering View Post
            Pretty sure if aliens are clever enough to go traipsing into other peoples' galaxies, they would have seen what an awful mess we humans are and deemed this planet uninhabited by intelligent life forms.
            Why should advanced technology be indicative of massive advances in other areas? A number of our technical advances are side effects of trying to kill each other or preparation to defend against the same. An interstellar society may well have most of our screwups only scaled up.
            Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
            X