• Show
Clear All

Re: Your favourite tarot deck

I have just one, The Witches Tarot.
    Sleep, my friend, and you will see
    That dream is my reality

Comment

Mine is "Tarot of the Old Path" by Howard Rodway & Sylvia Gainsford.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have two decks. One is the Vampire Tarot by Nathalie Hertz. It used to be the only deck I had, so I had no choice but to use it for readings, but the pictures are quite silly. Cool maybe for decoration, but silly for serious work.

The other, which I use for readings and exercises, is the Albano-Waite deck, which is a recolored version of the old Rider-Waite. I like it because it's somewhat traditional and standard, which just happens to work for me. I find the pictures easy to read and decipher.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Clive link=topic=251.msg24771#msg24771 date=1293256317]
          The other, which I use for readings and exercises, is the Albano-Waite deck, which is a recolored version of the old Rider-Waite. I like it because it's somewhat traditional and standard, which just happens to work for me. I find the pictures easy to read and decipher.
          [/quote]

Oh wow, I haven't met many people who have used the Albano-Waite cards. I've switched decks over the years, but that was my first one and it served me well. The colors may not be beautiful, but you're right- it's a standard and straightforward deck. Very practical.
          "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
          Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

I might have a new favourite deck. At least when it comes to art. It's Margarete Petersen Tarot deck. I just love the art... especially in minors.

But I have a strange problem with the deck. First of all the little white booklet is in German, but that's not a big deal, because I can find the translations from the internet easily. But I just can do a reading with the cards. I haven't even shuffled them. I feel that I shouldn't before I've studied every card in the original order. Like I should somehow gain the right to read with them. Probably this is just my silly mind making up "rules" like this, but I somehow want to follow the rule, because I have really high expectations with this deck, even though I'm struggling with my impatience.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X