Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right that dangerously obese people are allowed to eat themselves to death?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it right that dangerously obese people are allowed to eat themselves to death?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    The last post was my trying to explain to myself really, why this is happening. I was trying to put myself in the shoes of others, by comparing it to situations in which I've felt defensive. Yet somehow, despite really trying to be careful, I STILL manage to upset someone. Why would I possibly want to hurt someones feelings? What could I gain from that?
    As I said in my post at the time, I don't think you meant to cause offense and I did not say you were trying to hurt anyones feelings. I was stating how I originally read your post and allowing you the space to correct me. I am sorry if I upset you, like you that was not my intention.

As Miranda has already said, no matter how clear you are in an online debate, and I actually think your posts have generally been very clear and well written, there is always room for people to interpret them in a different way than what was meant. I think it would be a shame if you didn't take part in debates in the future. You said this was quite a passionate issue for you (if I remember rightly) and we all tend to get a little more 'involved' in debates about things that matter to us, and I think you managed pretty well in this case, better maybe than you think you did :-)
    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Re: Is it right that dangerously obese people are allowed to eat themselves to death?

Jembru, I don't think you've said anything out of sorts to be honest.

But...what I do notice about many women (in general AND absolutely here as well) is that when you(the general and not you you) tend to go on and on and around a point with very polite and meticulously placed correct phrases... I smell something funny. And I immediately mistrust what I read. I find if you can't be just straight up direct, and if I find myself having to scroll my mouse continuously to read a statement of thought...well I find it hiding. I prefer someone post their opinion. And not in the same breath try to make sure it's not offensive and it's pleasing to everyone. Just say it. I find this is something that tends to be with women. Because we are taught not to 'rock the boat'. Even when we get into good debates. We waste a lot of time with alot of needless wordiness. Just get to it!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

@Miranda, was it you who said in their intro that words have souls? I never replied to this, but although I've never considered them as having souls, (although I see know reason why they couldn't have) I've always considered them very magical. Doesn't this incident illustrate that beautifully?
        Fancy you remembering that and yes, it does, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
        X