Nice spin on Egg dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice spin on Egg dying

I thought this was kinda cool and wanted to share.

If anyone here actually does this, post some pictures and let us see how they turned out.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: Nice spin on Egg dying

As a kid we did something like that,but without cracking the shell. The dying kit came with a wax pencil,and you drew on the egg before coloring them. The wax made the colors different where you drew on them.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

They still do the wax thing (crayons work just as well) but those are cool!
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Those are really cool, and I was ALL over making them, until I realized the bit I'm going to be eating is what's dyed. Call me strange, but food dye creeps me out. That said, I wonder if I could just do it with beet juice...

This needs investigating.

Mostly art.

Comment

Here you go, V: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/8-w...ng.html?page=1
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            As a kid we did something like that,but without cracking the shell. The dying kit came with a wax pencil,and you drew on the egg before coloring them. The wax made the colors different where you drew on them.
            We used to do that, but we just used white crayons and food colouring.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Those are really cool, and I was ALL over making them, until I realized the bit I'm going to be eating is what's dyed. Call me strange, but food dye creeps me out. That said, I wonder if I could just do it with beet juice...

I was worried about the same thing...I stopped eating stuff like artificial colours and flavours for the large part. Then I found this on pinterest:

A few more colours than just beet juice will give you

Comment

I think I will try some of these - they are very cool!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Red dye is made from a beetle....you literally eat creepy crawlies when you eat red dye. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  We used to do that, but we just used white crayons and food colouring.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I was worried about the same thing...I stopped eating stuff like artificial colours and flavours for the large part. Then I found this on pinterest:

A few more colours than just beet juice will give you
                  That link is great, Danie! I did some researching myself, but that link hosts way more options than anything I found. I'm actually excited to try that, though, I only have brown eggs....

Mostly art.

Comment

Great list of natural dyes!

The OP looks a lot like colorful versions of Chinese tea eggs. I make those for my kids as snacks all the time: http://steamykitchen.com/2147-chines...gs-recipe.html
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

ok, so nice , and interestin !

Comment

Working...
                      X