Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aggravating...has this ever happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggravating...has this ever happened to you?

I was selling some pagan-themed items I made on a "popular commerce site." A user contacted me and sent me a message titled, "R U A Witch?" Then she said, "If u r, I need to talk to u ASAP." I responded, "What's up?" She replied that she needed me to give her a love spell to bring back her ex from more than a decade ago. I told her that was a no-no and unethical because it takes away another's free will. She sent me another message, "PLEASE can you tell me????" I ignored that message, but it's still really aggravating, that if you have an interest in paganism or the occult that people automatically think you're going to start casting spells for them or give them a spell...especially person-specific love spells! And especially when I don't KNOW them! I wouldn't even do a person-specific love spell for my own sister. It's ignorant. It's like saying, "You're a Muslim, can you show me how to make a b*mb?" or "You're a Catholic, would you bless my car?" OK...rant done.

Re: Aggravating...has this ever happened to you?

Moar then a deckade ago? Lik wen she wuz 6?

I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Siloh; 28 Mar 2012, 06:48.

Comment

IKR! I thought, "Aren't you a little old for this kind of stuff?"

Comment

I also find it kind of... Silly--I don't know. When I think of spelling, I think of spells and vice versa. They're linguistically related not by accident, is my opinion at least, and spells have a lot to do with communication the way I see them, and chica needs some communication skills. Maybe that's the sort of spelling she needs to rekindle her floundered romance.

Comment

I'm wondering if they were trolling, but I think most outlandish things like that are from a troll these days...
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

It's still aggravating, even if it is a troll. I know when I first started chatting on yahoo, all the sex talk in the pagan chat groups was driving me nuts, but someone finally explained to me how to block them, because they were bots. Just because they were bots, doesn't make it less irritating though. Same goes for trolls.

I would have tried to come up with a snarky response though.. something like, "Well, if you really want to know, the trick is to walk up to him, clap your hands three times, blow him a kiss, clap three more times, kiss his hand, clap three more times, and kiss him. You have to be real good though and practice on others first, because if you don't you prolly won't be good enough for it to work on him."

ETA: I'm in a bit of a mood today though.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              It's still aggravating, even if it is a troll. I know when I first started chatting on yahoo, all the sex talk in the pagan chat groups was driving me nuts, but someone finally explained to me how to block them, because they were bots. Just because they were bots, doesn't make it less irritating though. Same goes for trolls.

I would have tried to come up with a snarky response though.. something like, "Well, if you really want to know, the trick is to walk up to him, clap your hands three times, blow him a kiss, clap three more times, kiss his hand, clap three more times, and kiss him. You have to be real good though and practice on others first, because if you don't you prolly won't be good enough for it to work on him."

ETA: I'm in a bit of a mood today though.
              I thought about telling her to bring distilled water to a boil and throwing in some rose petals and herbs and saying some bogus poem...the funny part would be her waiting and waiting for distilled water to boil...(it doesn't)

Comment

In those instances I usually give them my spell for increasing love for oneself. That way they can learn to love themselves and not seek external validation. Speaking of, I think I'm overdue for that spell myself...
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

People don't specifically ask me to teach or perform love spells. This is probably a good thing.

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                  In those instances I usually give them my spell for increasing love for oneself. That way they can learn to love themselves and not seek external validation. Speaking of, I think I'm overdue for that spell myself...
                  seeing as the tiger has been overused lately...

Click image for larger version

Name:	egan-rick-bear-hug%u0025255B1%255D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	351425
                  Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Awww, thank you
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Hello, new here. But, something like that did happen to me years ago. I gave the girl a spell to use on her own, and the weirdest thing happened. Our Pepsi vending machine guy came in one day and confessed that he had been in love with her for years. They started dating and are now married. I've given that spell to a few other people who have had success with it to.

Comment

Am I the only person who doesn't find it necessary to be mean to someone the first time they contact me with an inane request? I could understand getting angry and nasty towards someone if they continually asked for things like this, but the very first time? Why isn't 'no' sufficient in this scenario?

Originally posted by MyPseudonym View Post
                        I thought about telling her to bring distilled water to a boil and throwing in some rose petals and herbs and saying some bogus poem...the funny part would be her waiting and waiting for distilled water to boil...(it doesn't)
                        Just because it doesn't come to a 'rolling boil' doesn't mean it's not boiling. That's actually a pretty good way to injure someone - throwing something into superheated water, disturbing its equilibrium & causing it to spill over the container violently.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                        X