Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the process of 'Dedicating'? (W/E your Path?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone in the process of 'Dedicating'? (W/E your Path?)

Are you looking more toward Celtic Druidism than Celtic Wicca? There's books for both, and I can recommend a few once I know which way your leaning. ^-^ And I'm sure others can offer more suggestions, especially Caliburn and Thal. They've been awesome!
    The Past is our Cradle, not our Prison; there is Danger as well as Appeal in its Glamour. The Past is for Inspiration, not Immitation; Continuation, not Repetition.

Its a long way back to Eden, dear. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Comment

[quote author=weareoceansaway link=topic=283.msg4645#msg4645 date=1287464884]
      Are you looking more toward Celtic Druidism than Celtic Wicca? There's books for both, and I can recommend a few once I know which way your leaning. ^-^ And I'm sure others can offer more suggestions, especially Caliburn and Thal. They've been awesome!
      [/quote]

Celtic Wicca, but I'd be interested in reading up on Celtic Druidism as well.

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=283.msg6315#msg6315 date=1287924062]
        Celtic Wicca, but I'd be interested in reading up on Celtic Druidism as well.
        [/quote]

Nether of these are Celtic Wicca, but I really recommend the book Ritual by Emma Restall Orr, its quite thought provoking, even if you aren't interested in Druidry or Celtic-influenced paganism at all. I would also recommend, on the basis of a recommendation from a friend, The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual by Alexei Kondratiev.

Also, an excellent reading list (of which my personal reading list overlaps with quite a bit...if I can find the durn file!) can be found here
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much

I've already ordered three books online, and will be ordering some more next week. This is fun and fascinating study. ^_^

Comment

Thank you for starting this thread! We are also in the process of developing our pagan path, I guess after years of denial/confusion about what we are we've finally realized it and are embracing it now. I look forward to reading all these books!

If anyone has any suggestions for shamanic/earth based paganism books I'd love it! I second the request for any pre-1800 pagan writings too if anyone knows of any (if they exist anyway)

Comment

Working...
            X