Monk's Lament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monk's Lament

I thought I'd post something witty or something with a bit of a bite.
    Instead I'll shrug my shoulders, close the door, and walk away......after turning out the light.

Thank you Tylluan for all your help and Thalassa for your shared wisdom and knowledge.

Thank you Chain for your friendship. I will check back in in a week, If you want any updates on Corbin I will give you my email address if not It's been fun.
    Hoping life gets better for you.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Re: Monk's Lament

Understood, Monk. A toast and a boast, as well: A great many blessings to you, my friend; And, yes, I've been proud to call you a friend!

I'd like to remain in the circle with both you AND Corbin - you both have been full of sound advise and great support for me, through some of my most trying years, around here. We are kin!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Chain I just got off the phone with Corbin and he said he has been in touch with you. Said he gave the low down on his situation so that's good. I'm going to PM you my email address so we can shoot the shit together and you can keep me up to date. Keep your head above the grass my brother!
      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Thank you, Monk!!

And yeah, I chatted a bit with Corbin so I can stop worrying about those 'worst case scenarios'. Well, actually, talking with you put me at ease, first, but it was still awesome to hear from him, directly.

(For all of you on PF, if needs be, I can maybe run messenger services in the short term. Corbin is intending to return [to PF], when/if he can, and I'm definitely staying in touch with Monk. Just that my visits to PF are still fairly sparse - my mouth (and thoughts) are still getting me into trouble an awful lot. But I'm HERE!)

Thanks, again, Monk!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

All of my favorite PF family members are disappearing
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hey all!

I'm still alive, and I cruise through the forum pretty often to keep up, but I'm still pretty twitchy, and bad crap keeps happening. Work is crazy here at the end of the year, and eats up most of what focus I can manage. I'll get out of work for a few months in early June, and I'll be back then for sure, if not sooner.

I miss you guys, and thank you for your concern. I do have another utterly tasteless blog post to put up, as soon as the weather cooperates, so I will continue to haunt you in the meantime.

If anybody wants to, send me a PM - I get them in my mailbox.

Don't worry. For the time being I am sojourning with Calypso, but Ithica is still my goal. I'll meet you all there!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
            X