7 day candle magic however, fire hazard issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 day candle magic however, fire hazard issues

Hey guys, like I have stated in another post I have been doing alot of working with my goddess, whom is bast. I have been studying dream herbs and offerings and stuff to connect with her, and now I have had a great idea I saw on the internet. I went to this indian dollar store that sells those candles that have the jesus or the saints on them. They come in tall glass jars, and they usually have a jesus on them. I got one that was blank, (with a faint cross but I can live with that) and I thought I could make a candle for Goddess Bast. I take a picture of Bast and print it off, then I glue it onto the 7 day candle. Then I inffuse the candle of what I want it to do. I have just stopped being friends with people who were very negative and they still want me to come back, I told them no. Since Goddess Bast has many aspects about her, one aspect she has is of joy and pleasure. She loves to see her children happy. So I wanted to light this candle for a 7 day spell to bring happiness in my life, with a picture of bast so she can bring joy in my life. However I get very nervous to leave an unattended candle on when not at home. There was a house fire last week down the street that caught on fire from a candle burning. My question is, when I am out of the house and the candles off, would this disrupt the prayer request/spell? I am usually home, but I leave the house for atleast 6 hours of the day, and my mom, and other people of the house dont like candles burning alone. Once I come home however the candle can stay on. I was just wondering, would snuffering out the candle be okay? Cause I heard when you snuffer it, it locks the energy back into the candle, where as when you blow it the energy goes all over the place? I really want to start doing these 7 day deity candle things for prayer/magical things so I can connect with my Goddess. Thanks and blessed be

Ps I was going to leave it in the bath tub when not at home but the residents of the home said no
    Last edited by wind; 01 Jun 2012, 10:50.

Re: 7 day candle magic however, fire hazard issues

I've had to do that myself, and it doesn't affect the spell at all.

ADD: Early in my path I was also advised from extinguishing candles by blowing it out or snuffing it. I was advised instead to extinguish it with a bit of water. I don't know if that's something you want to try, but it seemed to bring piece of mind to some folks.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Thank you so much, this helps alot I think I am going to use to the snuffer, thank you

Comment

Never take risks with candles. And I've never found that interrupting a spell really causes any problems - certainly not for candle safety, anyway. I think the gods understand.

I use an old 18th century candle snuffer on my candles. And a candle sharpener when they won't fit in the candle holders! Best of luck.
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thank you so much blessings

Comment

I have done a spell that "requires" a candle to be lit for three days. What I chose to do was put this candle in my altar room which has its own door that closes, and I set the candle in a bowl of water, so if it were to tip over it would extinguish. However I completely understand the fear of possibly burning down your home. So safety first! I doubt the goddess wants your life to be in any danger.
            sigpic

Comment

Most of the 7-day jar candles are relatively safe. I usually leave mine sitting on a wide ceramic tile or a large solid-top trivet (which is an old-timey thing you set hot pans on in the kitchen). Over about 25 years of using them, I've only had maybe 10 jar candles actually escape the confines of their jars, mainly because the jars crack or seemingly explode. My Pagan mind goes "Oooh, explodey! Powerful spells!!!", my science mind goes, "oh crap, flawed glass jar and how am I going to get wax out of the carpet/off the wall?!". Since the dog came along, though, I don't leave anything burning (or hot) where she can reach - incense, candles, etc. I always put them out when unattended.

I also heard the 'never blow out a candle (or use sulfur matches to light them) because you'll offend the salamanders'... but the way I see it I'm giving an offering of breath.

On a side note, I don't know about grocery stores in your area Wind, but I can walk into any of them here and pick up plain jar candles for about $1.19. Our stores here keep them in the ethnic/Mexican food sections, along w/the labeled candles for the saints.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Thanks you to two
                and really? I am gunna check the grocery store next time, the one at the indian dollar store was 2.48 wowowowow!!! It will probally be cheaper at the grocery store.... Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X