Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pagans, the most evil people on earth!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagans, the most evil people on earth!!...

Originally posted by DashREM View Post
    Wait a second... are you saying I am not going to be able to fly a throw fireballs?:frustrated:
    ROTFL! Sorry... nope. And you're also not going to be able to date a demon or angel either. ;^_^
    My everyday wacky blog

Comment

The misconceptions people have with paganism and witchcraft comes from biased media and really boxed up religion teachers
      People are meant to be loved,
      And things are meant to be used.
      The reason the world is chaos is because
      People are being used and things are being loved.

Comment

I don't think I've ever been offended by a movie or TV show with the possible exception of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, but that's a different topic.

I love Charmed and Supernatural in spite of the inaccuracies and portrayal of gods as evil beings. When I want accuracy I'll read a book; I watch TV to be entertained. People who ask stupid questions like "Can you throw fireballs and stuff?" don't bother me so much as people who actually believe that they can do these things. So many times I've seen spells online that were ripped directly from Charmed.

As for The Craft, I'll always love that movie. I remember the time I flipped to it on the TV just in time for Nancy and her mom to let out a scream and start yelling about winning $175,000. I laughed for about an hour.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
          People who ask stupid questions like "Can you throw fireballs and stuff?" don't bother me so much as people who actually believe that they can do these things. So many times I've seen spells online that were ripped directly from Charmed.
          Yeah, there's some pretty weird ideas floating around about spells. I once saw a youtube video of a girl who was teaching people how to change their eye color with a spell o.o Needless to say, that shit didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
            Yeah, there's some pretty weird ideas floating around about spells. I once saw a youtube video of a girl who was teaching people how to change their eye color with a spell o.o Needless to say, that shit didn't work.
            Well, that's one thing I won't scoff at. In my youth I very much wanted to turn my brown eyes blue and gave magic a shot. A few days later my eyes became a mix of brown, blue and green and still retain those colors to this day.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
              Well, that's one thing I won't scoff at. In my youth I very much wanted to turn my brown eyes blue and gave magic a shot. A few days later my eyes became a mix of brown, blue and green and still retain those colors to this day.
              Really? Huh, well, never mind then. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
                I have a love/hate relationship with the show called "Supernatural". For a whole season, they did nothing but make every Pagan God or Goddess out to be a soul sucking demon that was killing off men, women, and children. And when they ran out of Gods they could use (or pronounce!), they personified the holiday of Samhain into a living demon that was killing people... and they pronounced it wrong too, as "sam-hain", like it's spelled.
                That's exactly what came to mind for me. I groaned outwardly at it, because normally I like the show (I haven't seen enough of it to feel otherwise) and then that episode came on and I was like, Really? You'd think people would do their research...FAIL!!

Comment

When films use "Pagan" as an insult! And in Avatar she said "This isn't some Pagan voodoo" which as far as I'm aware isn't correct, apologies if not, but do you see where I'm coming from? Like scientists were making fun of the way they believed in the magick of the Earth, as if that's what everyone should do
                  "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                  - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by darksyderainmaker View Post
                    That's exactly what came to mind for me. I groaned outwardly at it, because normally I like the show (I haven't seen enough of it to feel otherwise) and then that episode came on and I was like, Really? You'd think people would do their research...FAIL!!
                    To be fair, they did the same for literally everything on the show. Except cars and classic rock, they did that right.

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                    When films use "Pagan" as an insult! And in Avatar she said "This isn't some Pagan voodoo" which as far as I'm aware isn't correct, apologies if not, but do you see where I'm coming from? Like scientists were making fun of the way they believed in the magick of the Earth, as if that's what everyone should do
                    The word pagan, in relation to beliefs, customs, and religion has always been an insult. Much like heathen. I haven't really watched Avatar, but from what I gather everyone, or nearly so, in that movie was an asshole.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

On a positive note, the movie "Brave" had a Witch who was portrayed as just a normal lady living her life, and wasn't evil or even malicious. My Pagan friend was very happy seeing that, after seeing way too much of exactly the things stated in this thread.

(Though I should also note Supernatural really does do that with everything. Plenty of my friends got turned off from the show after it started having Angels as villains. They kill about anything if they can get an episode plot out of it... Except classic rock.)
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I hate the media, mostly the u.s. media, because they do this stuff.
                        They demonize certain categories of people or people with a particular image. Give false representations. Then they glorify others.
                        Its like they want to keep people's minds closed to things, make people conform, not question things, just blindly view this and that as "bad".

Also its so true that other cultures/races are viewed as bad people, like Germans, Russians, Japanese, Arabic, they are all terrorists, ect.
                        I've thought that the worst or most evil people there are according to the media (even worse than pagan/witches, I think) is a racist. What hypocrisy that is when the archtype of a villain is usually a German or Russian or Arab.

Comment

I love the media, it is essential for disseminating information. Without a (free) media the only information the people have comes directly from the government.

Some of the greatest works of art in our generation come from the media. This page has been around for nearly a year, and there have been maybe a dozen examples.

People say stupid things, that does not mean that people should not speak. It means that we have a moral duty to say smart things louder, and to educate ourselves if we cannot.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                            I love the media, it is essential for disseminating information. Without a (free) media the only information the people have comes directly from the government.

Some of the greatest works of art in our generation come from the media. This page has been around for nearly a year, and there have been maybe a dozen examples.

People say stupid things, that does not mean that people should not speak. It means that we have a moral duty to say smart things louder, and to educate ourselves if we cannot.
                            Absolutely! Though there is a problem when the media is not free, and when its messages become not an open revelation of information, but a sounding board for a person at the top with the most cash...

I'm very grateful that the media has grown and changed in such a way that smaller people's voices can be louder, and that a media exists in general.
                            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                            X