• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Religious Practice and "Drugs"

And that's all I want to say.
    [4:82]

Comment

The human body naturally produces thousands of drugs.

It's not the thing itself that is bad, non-entities are by definition amoral, it is our relationship with it that matters.

Everything is destructive in excess. As long as you are well informed, get your supplies from trustworthy sources, and practice moderation then it's a non-issue.

Things are not inherently evil.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Haven't really read the whole thread, so I apologize, but I wanted to step in and say, religion aside, I smoke marijuana because I do need to eat and cannot really do so without it very well, and discovered how much it could help me eat and put on needed weight.

Everything else, I can't see having any benefit at all to anyone. People of culture have used things like opium for rituals and such, and I personally see nothing wrong with anyone using all-natural, so-called "drugs" as something to boost how you feel in a ritual or ceremony, so long as you don't do it expecting that it will give you some magical connection that you've been searching for. (Saw that once on TV with cannabis and I face-palmed.)

My random thought that's probably completely way left-field at this point.
        Butterscotch April Rain
        ~ C H I L D ~

mary-jane snowfluff mousie chuck

Comment

Working...
        X