No announcement yet.

How can A higher Power let this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can A higher Power let this happen?

death is just a part of life...
    ~ flowers are our only garments
    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Also for some people religion is about following the teachings in the hope that nothing evil happens to you. For those people they get angry and disappointed when bad things still happen to them.

My religion is about being a good person. It teaches you how to act when good things happen to you, and how to act when bad things happen to you, so that you're always trying to be a good person in good and bad situations.

So it's a win win situation. If something good happens to you, yay. If something bad happens to you and you still manage to act like a good person, yay.
      Last edited by Dumuzi; 21 Aug 2012, 11:12.
      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
        Also for some people religion is about following the teachings in the hope that nothing evil happens to you. For those people they get angry and disappointed when bad things still happen to them.

My religion is about being a good person. It teaches you how to act when good things happen to you, and how to act when bad things happen to you, so that you're always trying to be a good person in good and bad situations.

So it's a win win situation. If something good happens to you, yay. If something bad happens to you and you still manage to act like a good person, yay.
        Thats a great way to live. I think I'll try to follow this philosophy!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

This is why I'm an atheist. ALL people die. I'm a good person because it's the right thing to do. So everything else doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna die. And I'm going where you are going. Someplace neither of us know about. See you on the other side homie!
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            This is why I'm an atheist. ALL people die. I'm a good person because it's the right thing to do.
            That's because you were born with the fitrah. It's in your nature to want to do good.

Comment

I don't know what a fitrah is D,But I have always tried to be good and concerned with other peoples needs and safty. I didn't learn to be good from my growing years,I was just this way forever. No inspiration from religion,or because of penalty of jail if I wasn't good. I think it is your nature if you are good,or bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I do have a dark side,but It is I who control if anger strikes. There is eminence power in our darksides,but I believe it is for helping in danger. Picking up a car off a person trapped under it would be an example.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                I don't know what a fitrah is D,But I have always tried to be good and concerned with other peoples needs and safty. I didn't learn to be good from my growing years,I was just this way forever. No inspiration from religion,or because of penalty of jail if I wasn't good. I think it is your nature if you are good,or bad.
                It depends on your religion. Some believe we are all born as sinners. Others believe you are born with the inclination or nature to be good, and that it's the outside influences that make you deviate from that natural disposition, such as religion, family, society, peer pressure and so on.

Comment

I know many people that are like me,they sometimes put their own needs and safety at risk to help people. It sometimes makes me sad when I see people do terrible things,or ignore the needs of others. As a species we should always protect one another. As to the Dark side,it is NOT as I see it your personal toy,it is a sacred thing given for creating good,for helping,and not to be used for your own personal greed or to exact revenge on another.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That's because you were born with the fitrah. It's in your nature to want to do good.
                    How dare you! Take that back.
                    Good day sir.

I said good day!

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I was raised Mormon and they have a doctorine of Agency which basically states that God gives each of us the privilege of making our own decisions in life and keeps out of it. When I was 8 my little sister just shy of her 2nd birthday drowned and questions like the one you put forward starting forming in my mind and when I asked them I typically got answers regarding some grand plan that God had. More or less that we were unable to see the entire tapestry as we were just threads but that it was all good and God needed her for something. My childish mind had trouble reconciling how an omnipotent being somehow required my sister more than I did. That event led to my ultimately leaving the church when I turned 18 but I didn't reconcile my sisters death for many more years. When tragedy happens in my life now I don't blame Brighid for it, i ask her to act as a guide to me and help me stay on the past that is best for me but I don't expect her to keep my life free of tragedy or intercede anytime a child might be harmed. I know that sometimes They do intercede but how those determinations are made is completely beyond me and I think that is how it's meant to be, I cannot see into the mind of a God and I don't have any expectation of this worlds events making sense to me, that way goes madness.

Comment

Working...
                      X