Watching for signs of Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watching for signs of Halloween

Here in canada we have some dollar trees (seeing that is is an american dollar store) I have seen halloween stores out at dollar tree. Atleast the ones here in canada xD They have like decorations for the pourch and things xD

Comment

Saw my first this morning! It was in B&M, a fairly well-known discount store here in England (possibly all of UK). No kitty ears though.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Not yet but my mother still refuses to take down the clock that plays Christmas carols every hour of light (it's got some light sensitivity thing so it only plays when there's light on it). It's been up for almost two years... XD I cannot wait for the halloween season
        Circe

Comment

it 's Sept-ember now.

An -ember month, like Nov-ember.

One big step forward towards Halloween!

Comment

Not much happens here for halloween, that I've noticed, but last week I did see the first of the halloween stock in the shops. Some great big plastic cauldrons that would be awesome for my garden

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
              Watching for signs of Halloween

Every year I notice with some amusement how the signs of Christmas in supermarkets get earlier and earlier.

One can rightly say: "Christmas starts in August!"

Can we play the same game with Halloween?

In other words: Have you already seen the first signs of Halloween somewhere - in shops - or elsewhere?
              As a Christian, I found the commercialization offensive and when I was working in retail, refused to put up any Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I always did Halloween and Thanksgiving displays. I found that my customers, both Christian and non, appreciated it (I worked for Radio Shack for a number of years).

As a whatever-I-am-now-pagan, I still find it moronic, but whatever. I long ago divested my yuletide of commercial trappings.

I am, however, looking forward to Samhain!

Comment

There are two stores in a nearby city, Halloween Spirit and Halloween City, that open temporarily at the start of September every year. They just happen to be directly across the main street in Vienna from each other. I'm sure the other stores have put out some things, but I don't shop much so I haven't seen anything.

My neighbors two houses down have adorned one of their shrubs with pumpkin lights and a makeshift ghost.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Halloween is a concept which is exisist in TVs, for I did't have opportunity to go abroad .

Comment

Thought I'd share this here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy halloween.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	351518
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

Wow, I was in Town with Miyo this afternoon, and thought it would be nice to get a scary pussy-cat necklace to wear at the quiz tonight. I changed my mind when I saw the costume shop. There was a queue outside and bouncers on the door letting in only a few people at a time. In fact, everywhere was busy. I had no idea shops were so crazy on Halloween.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I went into AC moore on halloween to see what they had on sale, and they hadn't put the stuff out, they put it away! It was actively still halloween and they were packing up the haloween stuff and putting it away! As they brought out more Christmas junk! I'm so dissappointed...
                        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                        X