Giving your life a pagan revamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Giving your life a pagan revamp

Excellent advice there, Raphaeline! When people tell me they don't have time for even the simplest spiritual practices, I tell them that actually, we can't afford NOT to make the time. :-)
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Well, I brought my netbook to work so I could begin a thread about the chakra thing I mentioned. There's too much information to reply in here so I thought I could post each chakra as I write it up, in it's own thread. BUT, I just noticed I forgot to add the oils for stimulating the base chakra so I can't upload it yet after all. I'll hopefully post it tomorrow night!
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I keep a list of disposable planets. It's just a matter of borrowing an Imperial Fleet and conducting some minor exercises that start with the words

"We have arrived and it is now that we perform our charge...."

No, I'm not serious. Shrug, making time for research, dropping by a local church after mass (shrug, I'm not Christian but the LoH and I get along well enough that if I'm not talking to his faithful then his holy places provide a useful place to focus and I like Catholic architecture), abstaining from certain behaviours, doing things I'm not overly entertained by for the benefit of others, tormenting PF members, arguing with a given Power or three, other stuff. Any of the above and some things that I don't choose to discuss have uses. Depends on the time and place.
        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          What about journaling? Blogging helps for me...I suck at keeping a journal, but I've had a blog going now for about 4 years and I stay motivated because other people read it. If I'm not trying and doing new things, then I don't have anything to offer the people that do read my blog that a zillion other bloggers offer (although, I'd like to think I say it better and with cuter pictures of my kids and funky paint images!! ).
          I've tried the blogging method on and off throughout the years and it embarrasses me to tell other people how I feel spiritually. I need that push of people reading it in order to motivate me, but I'm afraid of sharing too much. I'm a pretty private person, that way. I've tried to paper journal too, but I'm rubbish at it. I think far faster than I write, and I quickly fall behind and become un-eloquent.

Rafe, yours is amazing. These are all really good ideas and thoughts, people! I'm sure this thread is helping out more than just myself.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by GypsySeaWitch View Post

Suddenly the idea of a Pagan Amish community popped into my head with that one and it doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me at times....only I still want running water indoors and washing machines for my clothes. lol
            I like this plan, and wanna do that too, (and I second the washing machines and running water.) However impractical, and possibly impossible...
            gaah! did I just say possibly impossible!?! my brain hurts...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Oh man a Community like that would be incredible.

I started a blog, However, as I am new to this my whole experience has been to this point, out of this world incredible. Posting all that to my blog just would not feel appropriate. So much of spirituality is how is pretains to my life posting it in a public forum like a blog seems wrong idk. Perhaps because I still feel I have next to no techinical knowledge, nothing to offer people but a really upbeat perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                What about journaling? Blogging helps for me...I suck at keeping a journal, but I've had a blog going now for about 4 years and I stay motivated because other people read it. If I'm not trying and doing new things, then I don't have anything to offer the people that do read my blog that a zillion other bloggers offer (although, I'd like to think I say it better and with cuter pictures of my kids and funky paint images!! ).
                I love your blog...and having read through all the comments here I can only say - been there. I also couldn't share a public blog about my spiritual beliefs. In that area I'm private. I'm a baby boomer and have been reading about pagainism and Wicca for years. Now I've finally seen the wisdom of this path. I also own a dog-eared copy of Sue Monk Kidd's The Dance of the Dissident Daughter which has been invaluable for me when I began to question my old beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by brigidgreywolf View Post
                  I love your blog...and having read through all the comments here I can only say - been there. I also couldn't share a public blog about my spiritual beliefs. In that area I'm private. I'm a baby boomer and have been reading about pagainism and Wicca for years. Now I've finally seen the wisdom of this path. I also own a dog-eared copy of Sue Monk Kidd's The Dance of the Dissident Daughter which has been invaluable for me when I began to question my old beliefs.
                  Well first off, thanks!

I can also say that sharing stuff like *what* I do or the impetus behind it is pretty easy...but the nitty gritty of *how* or *why* especially when it comes to feelings, etc...that gets tricky and has taken some time to get comfortable with.

...and there are still days and topics where it feels awkward
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

This is a little off topic and I don't mean to derail the thread, but I'm not sure I would be any good at blogging. Someone commented on a video of my kitten playing with my BOS, and was asking me what was in it and who wrote it. I got really impatient with him and replied, 'what do you think a book of shadows is?'. Not sure why his probing frustrated me, but it did. Sharing my beliefs and practices with pagan forum, doesn't bother me, even though I know non-members can see what I'm writing. Yet somehow, someone who knows me in real life, being curious about what I do, bothered me to the core!

This thread inspired me to do more actually. I have a week off at the end of October, and I plan to dedicate that to re-witching myself. I've also started following Francessca de Grandis' 'Be a Goddess'. She irritates the crap out of me, but the practical stuff is really empowering and I need a confidence boost. Thanks for inspiring me V!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      This thread inspired me to do more actually. I have a week off at the end of October, and I plan to dedicate that to re-witching myself. I've also started following Francessca de Grandis' 'Be a Goddess'. She irritates the crap out of me, but the practical stuff is really empowering and I need a confidence boost. Thanks for inspiring me V!
                      You're welcome!

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                      X