A Question for fellow "Earth Worshiping" Pagans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question for fellow "Earth Worshiping" Pagans

In my worship I can say I undeniably find myself attached to the Forest, I speak with the Oak, and the Pines and worship at there trunks, I speak to the "Keeper of the Forest" and I take careful consideration for all those whom live within its realms. I worship the entity of the Forest. However, as a Pagan, I understand the world is not all the Forest, I've seen beautiful Oceans, Plains, Swamps, Deserts, and other regions yet my affections and desire does not enter into their realm. Is this Normal for others as well? Do we so adamantly worship just one small piece of the puzzle? I understand and do Acknowledge both the God and Goddess, God being who reigns down energy and live, and the Goddess whom receives those gifts from the God and Bestows them upon us. But still am I wrong in my worship, or is that my Catholic acting up again?

Re: A Question for fellow "Earth Worshiping" Pagans

I think each of us is in tune with an aspect of the greater whole. I myself have always been attracted to the Sea,and I was in the Navy for 4 years,and sailed merchant marine for a time after I got out of the Navy. I have never felt so connected as when I was on the Deep Ocean.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I might be the same. While I wouldnt limit myself to one type of nature in the landscape I inhabit Im more Ireland based then earth based. My experiences travelling and trying to appreciate the spiritual in the areas I came to make it impossible for me to accept a universal approach.

We all shouldnt value things in the same way imo. For natural reasons our own landscape impacts on us psychologically and emotionally and resonates with us in a way other landscapes wont, when we come to a new place its not going to be the same and we shouldnt act as if it is. Its only decieving ourselves. We may have been raised with the idea that certain places are sacred too and that formative belief might be a strong one so to say that other places are the same is again decieving ourselves. We can appreciate the sacred but its not the same as our own. But most importantly imo the spiritual nature of different places is very different ime. Everything from the energetic landscape, to the landvettr/Fairies that inhabit it to the vast and potent deities there differ and they are all interconnected. Imo only a person who is blind to the spiritual and cant percieve a single element of the whole or who has never left their own area to notice the difference would take a universal approach to earth based spirituality.

Comment

I feel most connected to the forest, too. That's not to say I can't appreciate other landscapes, but that my affinity lies with the forest.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
          In my worship I can say I undeniably find myself attached to the Forest, I speak with the Oak, and the Pines and worship at there trunks, I speak to the "Keeper of the Forest" and I take careful consideration for all those whom live within its realms. I worship the entity of the Forest. However, as a Pagan, I understand the world is not all the Forest, I've seen beautiful Oceans, Plains, Swamps, Deserts, and other regions yet my affections and desire does not enter into their realm. Is this Normal for others as well? Do we so adamantly worship just one small piece of the puzzle? I understand and do Acknowledge both the God and Goddess, God being who reigns down energy and live, and the Goddess whom receives those gifts from the God and Bestows them upon us. But still am I wrong in my worship, or is that my Catholic acting up again?
          Aww, you don't need to say things like "your catholic acting up again," what you believe and revere is up to you, and is not for anyone else to judge. If your connection is to the forest, let it be. It doesn't negate the existance of the ocean, or diminish the importance of the mountains to the rest of the earth. These places just arent where you feel your connection to the divine. Your soul belongs to you and you shouldn't devalue your feelings because they sometimes remind you of something else! Let YOUR life, and YOUR spirituality, and YOUR experiences belong to YOU!
          Last edited by Maria de Luna; 16 Sep 2012, 08:43.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
          X