Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7-day holiday

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Wowzers! That's insane hours ^^ I've been doing 60 hours a week recently and I thought that was hard going. I was once offered a job in a ski resort where I'd be doing 12 hour shifts 6 days a week at times, and I turned that down. Well, I say offered, I was offered the chance to apply for the job. I just thought those kinds of hours would kill me.

In my current job, we have to work every day of the year including Christmas Day, because of the nature of the work, but we get 20 days off, which works out as 4 weeks, so I guess it could be worse!
    They are a lot of hours, and the job is insanely hard (some days), and it does wear on you. The longest I've done without a break is 51 days, but I only did that long once. Usually it's between 3-6 weeks straight, then you get 2-3 weeks off, then you repeat. And it's living in a camp where people cook for you, so it's not like I work 7-7PM, have to drive home and cook dinner, do my dishes, etc. It's 7-7PM, then I get back to camp and dinner is ready for me (sometimes tough as a veggie), and then my time is either my own, or I spend my evenings writing reports. It just depends.

But yeah. Geology isn't for the faint of heart.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
    X