No announcement yet.

what is your favorite pizza flavor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is your favorite pizza flavor ?

Originally posted by Clive View Post
    really, really good or really, really gross.
    Just like all the best things in life, that entirely depends on how drunk/kinky you are.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

^ Fair point.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

This is mostly coming from V's comment about anchovies but not specifically.

Anchovies have a bad rap, as a pizza topping. There's a stigma, there. For a while, I found a very similar stigma to both pineapple and shrimp. Forget *trying it*, it just "sounds too gross" to even taste it. I don't understand that. But then, I grew up under my grandfather's philosophy of having to take a bite, at the very least, before deciding you don't like it. That works. Except when it comes to smells.

Which is another way that people judge any pizza with anchovies on it. It doesn't smell like pepperoni and cheese. It tastes okay, though. If you like sardines, kippered snacks, gaffelbiter, or anything like that, you may like to try anchovies on your 'za. The thing is, nowadays, after so many years of dealing with the stigma (and, therefor, people not ordering it), many pizza places don't offer it, anymore.

But then, many 'za joints don't have shrimp, either, as a topping. A few don't even have pineapple.

I don't go to those places. Ever.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I wonder if it's only local and specialty restaurants that don't carry things like anchovies and pineapple. I know the chains around here do. Granted, I had never even heard of shrimp on pizza, but I do know that, at the very least, our local Pizza Hut offers anchovies. I used to work at a Pizza Hut and only recall one person ever ordering a pizza with anchovies.

The only chain I'm aware of that doesn't carry pineapple is a local one called Napoli's. They do, however, carry anchovies, as well as broccoli and cauliflower. I consider those last two to be unusual, but interesting. I'll have to try it some time; Napoli's is probably my favorite pizza place.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by pladedump View Post
            I tend to like everything on my pizza. Usually, I get extra cheese too. But if I were to limit myself to only one topping, I would choose pepperoni.
            Have you tried pepperoni and pineapple? Pepperoni and extra cheese used to be mine and my bf's favorite but now we only go w/ pepperoni, pineapple and extra cheese. It's delish! We definitely eat it more often than people should eat pizza! (And if stuffed crust is an option? Oh carp, pizza coma for sure! Haha

Comment

I love stuffed crust pizza with pepperoni. Haven't had pizza in awhile.
              -Jessica [aka Whitewolf]

Comment

I love black olives on my pizza!

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneInTheShadows View Post
                  I love black olives on my pizza!
                  ~ flowers are our only garments
                  only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I've never seen green olives on pizza, or pimentos for that matter, and both of those things sound like they'd be good on pizza.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Tuna and pineapple. A lot of people seem to think it is gross but it tastes so good
                      http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Mostly pepperoni. Sometimes mushrooms if I feel like it. My favorite place is Georgio's and my favorite brand is DiGiorno's

Comment

Working...
                        X