Frankenweenie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenweenie

I wasn't too sure about seeing this, but a friend wanted to go and we had 2-for-1 tickets so I thought 'why not, it's Tim Burton so it can't be bad'

It was great! Sweet, charming and clearly made with love. There's some disturbing subject matter and it may not be great for the younger kiddies but I loved it.
    ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Re: Frankenweenie

I'd quite like to see it, but my boyfriend says that all Tim Burton movies are the same and mockingly calls it 'generic tim burton movie #33'. I protested that Tim Burton movies are no more generic than any of the other hundreds of animated crap the dreamworks and pixar churn out: always a fart joke, always a 'stupid' one slightly cross eyed and usually at least one scene set in water or snow where the character all fall down a slide and spend 5 minutes of hilarious screen time going, 'whoooooaaaaahhh..'

To this, he replied, 'everyone always gets offended when I tell them I don't love Tim Burton'.

Guess I have to wait for it to be shown on tv.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can agree that Tim Burton's films all have a similar thread to them, but then so do most 'auteurs.' This is probably the most family friendly film Tim Burton has ever done and it's brilliant for anyone with a love of the old horror movies (30s and onward) Definitely the best thing he's done recently. Hope you get to see it one way or another
      ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

I might see it, but I doubt I'll go to the theater for it. Ever since "Corpse Bride" left me wishing for my 90 minutes back, I've been very wary of Tim Burton, whom I used to love. I do love dogs, though, so "Frankenweenie" might just bore itself a special place in my heart.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

We made it a point not to watch it 'cause we were so bombarded with Frankenweenie previews! LoL We were tired of it before even seeing it. The marketing was too much. I might watch it someday, though, after ParaNorman.

Comment

Frankenweenie is good but Hotel Transylvania is a bit better.

Comment

Working...
            X