Angry Spirit or Shadow person.. or.. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry Spirit or Shadow person.. or.. ?

Some back story: My friend and I live next door to each other in a small rural trailer court.
    She and her husband are spiritually aware folks but not neccessarily any particular faith.
    My friend came to me a few weeks ago saying that she saw a "dark figure, angrily pacing" between our houses (her front yard, my back yard). I admit that when i walk in the space between our homes I feel a dark shift in energies. It's uncomfortible, and I will often walk around the sides of our houses, going the long way, instead of cutting through from my back poarch to her front.
    I can't see what she claims to see. I cannot make out a figure of any sort. But I've always been more of a "feeler" of energy than a "seer" My friend feels like it is drawn to me. She doesn't feel any hostility towards herself from it, and it seems fixated on wherever there is light coming from my house (indicating where my husband and I might be located)

So: the day of Samhain, (Nov 1st) I decided to do some Fall Cleaning and went about physically cleaning our home and decided to smudge the whole house and around the outside of our property as well.
    Just a bundle of dried sage, nothing else added.
    I put the bundle on a standard ceramic dinner plate and wafted(?) the smoke with my hand and the movement of the plate itself.
    As I was working through the house I felt like I was accomplishing alot, driving negative energies out and cleansing our space in general.
    When I had finished the inside I took the plate and still burning sage outside and walked around our home stopping at the corners and doors and did a quick blessing to cleanse the space between my neighbors front door and our back door.
    it was a warm day, I didn't wear a coat or anything during the process, and the sun was out... - T shirt weather.
    I then left the still burning sage (which was about 1/4th gone at this point) on my back porch so the wind could carry the smoke and continue cleansing the space between our houses. I went back inside to work on something and about an hour later I heard a loud sound outside on my porch.. I can't even describe it... but when I went out I saw the the sage bundle was compelely gone (it wasn't burning THAT fast!) and the plate i had left it on was broken in two even peices. right down the middle.

I'm not sure what to think about this.. My first thought was to think logic before magic, but the plate was not cold, the bundle was not burning hot enough to crack it (no warmer than these plate are often used in the oven to reheat dinners), if an animal had broken the plate it wouldn't be sitting exactly where I left it, in peices, it would be scattered. AND where did my sage bundle go?!

I mentioned all of this to my friend, and she just said "now you've pissed him off"
    I haven't talked to her since, I don't know if she's still seeing the figure, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this, or has any advice on what I should do? I'm getting increasingly paranoid, and I work 2nd, which means i get home at 10 oclock at night, in the dark, where the spookies are running free

Re: Angry Spirit or Shadow person.. or.. ?

So not knowing much about you, your practice, or your beliefs, I'm gonna toss my 2 cents in for what their worth, (bear with me.)

When you went outside how did you go about doing your cleansing? That is to say were you clearing out all energy, spirits, wights? Some things exist that are not so much evil spirits, but guardians, as in they protect something, they can be called whatever you like, faries, land wights, spirits, whatever, but they sometimes don't always "feel nice." Not to say that they are good or evil, just that they serve a purpose. Perhaps you have something that needs an offering before letting you operate on its "turf" (for lack of a better word, my mind is currently being stupid.), or felt as though you were trying to send it away? Nothing about it has to be ancient, or even all that old, for it to deserve respect. It could be whats left of some wild animal or person that used to live in the area, even a tree, or someones ancestor decided the area needed protecting. I would suggest a simple offering, or some sort of acknowlegement. I wouldn't say jump into working with it unless you work on building a rapport with it, but I would say try to get a beat on local energy, and try to not work against it. The entity may not even be mad at you, it could simply just want your attention about something.

There ya go, my whole 2 cents.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

When I did the outside cleansing it was mostly asking for protection against negative energy, and building a foundation of spiritual strength around our home.
      It wasn't so much a "get out now!" on my part as it was a "If you're negative, and you're here to harm us, we want you to leave" which might be the same thing, I suppose.

I hadn't thought of trying to befriend, or at least understand this entity, I think the fact that my friend "sees" it and says it seems angry and intent on me makes me nervous.

I hadn't thought before, but am currious now, maybe it sees me as someone that is open to it's presence? Maybe it's annoyed that my friend knows it's there but can't or won't help it?

I suppose I've got some meditation to do, and some research on how to leave offerings for something when I have no idea what it is, or what it wants!

Comment

If you have ever let a candle burn low in the wrong holder, you know that the holder will crack, sometimes with such force that pieces literally shoot across the room. I would not assume too much about a cracked plate that fire was left upon unattended. You do not know what may have cause the bundle to flare since it was unattended. I suppose such a flare can be attributed to spiritual interference, but it may also simply be.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
          If you have ever let a candle burn low in the wrong holder, you know that the holder will crack, sometimes with such force that pieces literally shoot across the room. I would not assume too much about a cracked plate that fire was left upon unattended. You do not know what may have cause the bundle to flare since it was unattended. I suppose such a flare can be attributed to spiritual interference, but it may also simply be.
          Yeah I have a tendancy not to even address this stuff...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Always rule out the mundane first.

A crack like you describe is very probably the result of cracking from the heat being put off by the burning sage. It's a temperature change thing. And it really doesn't take all that much, especially if there is already a flaw in the material.

As for your missing sage, an animal likely took it. I have to keep mine locked up so that my cats don't make off with it. Or a well meaning person could have taken what they thought was a fire hazard.
            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
            X