Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington and Colorado legalize it, just for fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washington and Colorado legalize it, just for fun...

Reclaiming powers from Federal gov.'t, awesome have fun. Doing so by encouraging violations of Federal code so that they can add tax revenues to their budget, especially when they can't do a damn thing to protect the people that the Feds will be arresting, not so good.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Reclaiming powers from Federal gov.'t, awesome have fun. Doing so by encouraging violations of Federal code so that they can add tax revenues to their budget, especially when they can't do a damn thing to protect the people that the Feds will be arresting, not so good.
      Oh yeah... there's going to be trouble.

However, the only way for states to stand up for their rights is to defy the federal government. What the federal government will do if/when that happens will tell us a lot whether the federal government is going to be responsive to the will of the people, or if the will of the people is some unfortunate thing that the feds want squashed.

Personally, I wish that M were legal in Michigan, and being taxed. Michigan is pretty close to bankruptcy, and I'd rather give my tax money to my home state where it is needed. Unfortunately, I can't do that yet. I'll plan a Colorado vacation.

Also, M is one of the few things we could grow here, besides feed corn. The M industry would really help folks here out - if we could capitalize on it.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Didn't Michigan file bankruptcy a few years ago already?
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Oh yeah... there's going to be trouble.

However, the only way for states to stand up for their rights is to defy the federal government. What the federal government will do if/when that happens will tell us a lot whether the federal government is going to be responsive to the will of the people, or if the will of the people is some unfortunate thing that the feds want squashed.

Personally, I wish that M were legal in Michigan, and being taxed. Michigan is pretty close to bankruptcy, and I'd rather give my tax money to my home state where it is needed. Unfortunately, I can't do that yet. I'll plan a Colorado vacation.

Also, M is one of the few things we could grow here, besides feed corn. The M industry would really help folks here out - if we could capitalize on it.
          As totally uninterrested as I am in the whole issue itself, I am looking forward to seeing how this goes, as far as federal responses, and whether a case makes it to the supreme court, (or if it has to go that route at all.) I think of it along the lines of alcohol, and honestly wonder why the issue has taken this long to be properly addressed...
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

When it comes right down to it,money trumps everything,even law. Some are actually against legal pot,but not because they have any moral concern,it means the price will go down when it is legal. Why many were for the prohibition laws with booze,they knew they would make a LOT of money selling it when it was not legal. Bottom line is always the bottom line!
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
              Didn't Michigan file bankruptcy a few years ago already?
              Actually, it would be individual cities that declare bankruptcy. Uhm... Detroit was looking at it, Hamtramic was... a couple of other cities also...

Interestingly enough, several Michigan cities have decriminalized amounts of Boo below 1 oz. However, possession is still against state and federal law. The police in Flint, one of the cities that decriminalized, have declared that, despite M being non-illegal in Flint, they will continue to prosecute under state law.

Again, from this, you can see that some of our public officials, sworn to serve and protect, seem to think that they can have more power than the people they are supposed to be serving and protecting.

Very irritating.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
              X