DIY to make some cute things .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY to make some cute things .

now a drip I have never done, or heard of for that matter, do you have a photo, or description? I have an idea from the title but I am nutters so, it could just be fevered thoughts...
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Does anyone know a good place to get candle moulds? I just want a chime candle mould, and cant find one anywhere. (it wouldn't matter so much if my candle holders werent fitted for chime candles...)
      I got my candle mold from eBay. I can't recall the seller but they're silicone molds.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I only do the melt and pour. I make only votives too. I got all my stuff at Crafts 2000. I am pretty sure Michael's has that stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
          now a drip I have never done, or heard of for that matter, do you have a photo, or description? I have an idea from the title but I am nutters so, it could just be fevered thoughts...

mine never look this nice (or this long), but that's a drip candle. You take a length of wick, double it over your fingers (aka fold it in half, but don't let either side of the string touch the other) dip it into melted wax. Your candle is determined by the length of the jar you're using for the melted wax - I use a big tomato juice can, so mine are always little stubby candles. Once dipped, hang up, repeat with other wicks. By the time you get back to the first one, it's cooled enough to dip again. Repeat through the line ad nauseum, until you have nice thick candles.

It takes hours.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

mine never look this nice (or this long), but that's a drip candle. You take a length of wick, double it over your fingers (aka fold it in half, but don't let either side of the string touch the other) dip it into melted wax. Your candle is determined by the length of the jar you're using for the melted wax - I use a big tomato juice can, so mine are always little stubby candles. Once dipped, hang up, repeat with other wicks. By the time you get back to the first one, it's cooled enough to dip again. Repeat through the line ad nauseum, until you have nice thick candles.

It takes hours.
            Funny enough, I have lied... I have done this, I just did not realise that was what it was called, (this is also not the mental image I conjured eigther.) Depending on the vessal you are using you could make several at once , it would just be super easy to bugger the whole process up with a careless movement... this would be a difficult process with cats around...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
            X