• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Make-up Brands?

I like Illamasqua, Sleek and Barry M.

You?

Re: Favourite Make-up Brands?

Revlon lipstick, since the dawn of time.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I've recently fallen in love with Bella Pierre, but I can't afford it T_T
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

It's not easy for me to find decent make-up because I prefer to buy cruelty free products wherever possible. I used to think I had to spend a lot to get decent make-up and tried loads of clinique products from their three step cleansing products to their pore refining treatments and the foundation I was told was perfect for my skin type. This foundation emphasised all the problems I was told it would correct and had a horrible texture. I've had similar issues with other brands too.

I'd love to wear Max Factor and have some foundation that was bought for me (I just can't stand the guilt of not wanting to use something someone kindly gifted, so just use it until it's gone and bloody well smile while I do). That mousse stuff looks cool, but hey, they just can't stop harming little bunnies with it.

So I have make-up from all over the place. I was even really amazed at the quality of Primark's foundation, the one with the built in brush. It's nothing fancy but boy does it cover flawlessly and it is one of the few that go light enough for my ginger-girl complexion (if I don't look like a china doll, then my make-up is failing).

For skin products like moisturisers, eye creams and so on, I LOVE Superdrug's Vitamine E range. It is soo cheap and really works well with my skin. I also like AVON and I have a lighting face cream by l'oriel because for a long time they were listed as cruelty free. Apparently this was brought into question a while back and they were kicked off the cruelty free lists. I didn't know this so have been unknowingly moisturising with bunny tears for years. Anyway, I find I have to switch my products every few months or they stop being affective. I have three sets of cleansing routines, one is more affective in the winter and one in the summer. The other I just use while I'm giving my skin a break from the other two.

I really fail at avoiding bad products (used to be super strict when I was vegan), but hey, my heart is in the right place.. which makes me an easy target for murderers.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I wear very little make-up (aka almost never), but when I do, I wear Mac.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            It's not easy for me to find decent make-up because I prefer to buy cruelty free products wherever possible.
            the ONLY thing I refer to PETA about, ever.

And not all the companies are expensive--bonnie bell is on their list

I dont wear much often, but when I do...

AHAVA for cleansers and foundation stuff, Bare Escentuals for everything else. Also E.O. and ECO if I can find it at marshalls (where I get most of my HAHVA too)\
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Boots Natural collection or boots 17 for the liquid eye liner. Revlon for lipstick or foundation, although i did steal my mums Virgin Vie foundation and i love it!
              Any mascara i can afford.

However, if i could afford it, i would buy Boots no7. Its just too expensive but is very good quality.

As for moisturisers, I do like the body shop cocoa butter. Its not too greasy for my body, but for my face and hands i have to buy a special one that i cant remember the name of, well my friend buys it from boots cause she works there and gets a discount

Comment

I use a clinique face soap and moisturizer, (I dont use al 5 products they want me to use or I turn into a greasy pizza...) The combination of these two products makes my face feel awesome! If I am properly cleaning my face and remembering ot moisturize I dont bother with foundation because I don't need it.... If (which is quite often) I have been lazy I really need foundation, and bare essentuals is totally it!
                Clinique lipstick has me spoiled, it is so soft.... but usually I wear an avon gloss (so inexpensive) or just some shimmery burts bees lip moisturizer. Most of the rest is avon, but I need a new rep so bad! I'm going to run out of my husbands favorite body lotion... He likes avon too.
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Oh goodie, girl stuff!

Currently, I'm broker than broke. So until I can afford some better brands down the line (Sephora, Milani, Urban Decay, Nyx), I have my stash of elf (particularly the eyeshadow primer), Palladio (their liquid eyeliner and lipstick is fantastic), and a few teen-ish brands for my eyeshadow pallets from Icing (because I like to play with colors and experiment, so cheaper is good). Nyx I've been able to get fairly cheaply from Hot Topic (glitter eyeshadow in particular). One thing I swear by is called 'Sealed With a Kiss,' it's a lipstick sealant that is... awesome.. and costs about $3.

I try to stay cruelty free, some of the brands I used to use don't qualify but in my defense I didn't have the list back then. I'll be stuck wit elf for a good long while yet so I figure I have the time to research it before I look for anything new.

And for the record, the elf eyeshadow primer is just as good as the Urban Decay's primer, but there's a $18-28 price difference. For all you bargain girls out there...

When it comes to cleansers/lotions/toners, I've come to the understanding that more isn't better. I have freakishly sensitive skin (I break out from water on a daily basis). Cetaphil is one of two brands I have ever been able to use, and it's the better of the two. No allergens, no fragrances, and super-sensitive. My number one recommendation for girls who have skin like me, it took me years of pain and frustration and fancy brands to discover it and it's actually pretty decently priced ($14 for a bottle that lasts me 18 months).

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                    I use a clinique face soap and moisturizer, (I dont use al 5 products they want me to use or I turn into a greasy pizza...) .
                    This was my problem actually! I still have these products kicking around, maybe I need to give them another try but just not use all of them at once. I think I used skin type 2 in their 3 step range. I liked the toner at first, but it is like paint stripper. Really good value for money though because you get a huge bottle.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I like "Neutrogena - healthy skin liquid makeup" for my cover up, Cover Girl powder, and any kind of Revlon eyeliner. Everything else, I like to try different brands.

Comment

Working...
                      X