This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about blogging

So, I've decided I'd definitely like to start a blog here and plan on doing the paypal thing as soon as I get home. I've been throwing together a little blog ready to post and I'm wondering if we are able to embed youtube videos in blogs, the way we can in posts here? If so, is there a limit to how many per post?

Just wondering so I can have everything almost ready by morning!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: A question about blogging

yup you can, and I *do* think there is a limit...because I think I ran in to that as an issue. Maybe 3? But I don't remember...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

3? oh dear. I think I might have problems then... I'll need to have a little think.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Let me look into the settings for this.
        (Sorry I didn't see this sooner)
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Oh thank you for fixing that. My blog looks all neat and tidy now. I just wish I could stop tweaking it. I keep finding typos and things I want to change.. it's like picking at a spot...

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
            Oh thank you for fixing that. My blog looks all neat and tidy now. I just wish I could stop tweaking it. I keep finding typos and things I want to change.. it's like picking at a spot...
            LOL! Welcome to blogging! That's a normal thing, the fixing and picking. I've been blogging for three years and I still go back to my articles, re-over and nitpick little words. It's a habit. ;^_^
            Another thing is to try and use the draft option. I'm not sure how that works here, but on Wordpress it's easy to write a blog and save it as "draft", then open it later, edit, add, before posting it live. Then you can pick with it all that you want, without worrying about people not noticing your changes or additional information. Although, catching all the errors can be tough if not impossible (if you're a typo Queen like me), but I've noticed that people who read blogs aren't so picky about a wrong word or typo every now and then. As long as what you want to convey comes across well to the reader, typos aren't a big deal. I've had a lot of "likes" to posts in the past that was riddled with bad grammar mistakes and typos. LOL! Most of all, have fun! When you're having fun with what you're writing, it comes across to the reader and they in turn have fun too.

Woah... yeah, I didn't mean to sounds like an instructor or anything. I'm just really into blogging. ;^_^
            My everyday wacky blog

Comment

No no, I'm thankful for any tips! Thanks for the advice. I did preview it first, but only to check that the videos were working properly. It was mainly the song at the end that was full of bad romaji, that I had to change. I also sometimes wrote things politely, and sometimes casual without thinking. I'd decided to give all verbs in the masu form and I've noticed I wrote tsukareru instead of tsukaremasu (I think that's the verb I messed up), but I'm on my phone so I'll fix that later.. it's everytime I look at it, I see something else I screwed up!

Comment

Working...
              X