Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who should control the internet?

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    And remember this was using DOS not the simple Windows system we use now.
    *sigh* Sometimes I really miss DOS. Even after windows came along there was a DOS escape hatch when I'd had enough. Life was simpler.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    I'm disturbed as well by how many Germans think it's a good idea. Do they know how the internet works? Do they know how internet traffic works? Do they even know what search engines do?
    My sources say "No."
    (It is reassuring, however, to see politicians in other countries being dense.)

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Yeah I see proposed laws coming up almost everywhere that are equally backwards. Canada, the US, France, the UK....list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
        *sigh* Sometimes I really miss DOS. Even after windows came along there was a DOS escape hatch when I'd had enough. Life was simpler.
        The computers I was taught on were Mac... way back when Mac... before they used any linux software, all my very old computering skills are totally useless...

Granted I feel like circa 1991 is very old, especially in computer years...
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
        X