Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Gods/Goddesses can we follow, what is the realistic maximum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many Gods/Goddesses can we follow, what is the realistic maximum?

That's more along the lines I use the word (Al!ce and Perzephone), but I know some pagans reject the word because they feel it means revereing their deities as something greater than themselves. It's this meaning I ignore these days, because I feel my deities are different, but not greater than mere mortals. No reason not to worship though, worship is fun!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Often the word worship implies adoration. The Old English weorthscipe - which is where worship derives from - usually means just an 'acknowledgement of worth.' Obviously if you have any relationship with a deity it indicates an acknowledgement of their worth, otherwise why bother? But the adoration thing... no. That's not in my particular path. It may be one day. And others of course do things differently.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        Often the word worship implies adoration. The Old English weorthscipe - which is where worship derives from - usually means just an 'acknowledgement of worth.' Obviously if you have any relationship with a deity it indicates an acknowledgement of their worth, otherwise why bother? But the adoration thing... no. That's not in my particular path. It may be one day. And others of course do things differently.
        Yeah, I think this too is more where I am coming from. Although, I use the word 'adore' for my favourite wine, never mind kittens, ponies, boyfriends and gods, so it's still linguistically speaking, not the right terminology for me. I guess I need to stick to baby words 'my gods are my working partners and I love them to skinny bits'.. yeah, that'll have to do!

How many? Well, for the depth of interaction that feels right for me, I couldn't spread myself too far. Just as I would find it hard to love more than one partner and definitely couldn't manage three. Same with pets even, I like one or two that I can smother with love, rather than become some crazy cat woman who forgets their names. So it goes with deities. I have two who I am very close to, who are like parents to me, and then I have a few close friends who I will speak to when I feel the need, like Anextiomarus, the god of the Tyne who I mentioned in my blog. I don't really work with him as such, but when I am down that way (we have some great bars and restaurants on the quayside) I'll always give him a nod.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Back in my more ceremonial days, I was willing to place myself on the same pedestal as deities. Nowadays, I'm happier to let Them be more than my mere mortal self. It helps me fly under the radar. Being noticed by a God or Gods isn't necessarily always a good thing.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
          X