• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The TV series thread - to discuss the action

Ones that we have been enjoying lately are:-

Arrow
    Once upon a time
    Grimm

and True Blood I know it is not showing at the moment but I have been working my way through the DVD's.
    When life hands you lemons make lemonade and find someone else who life handed them vodka and have a party.

Comment

I watch Grimm and really enjoy it. Supernatural, NCIS, CSI, CSI:NY, Doctor Who - I really love tv lol.

Does anyone watch Leverage? I'm really sad that it's been cancelled out:
      ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

Originally posted by Jasmine View Post
        I watch Grimm and really enjoy it. Supernatural, NCIS, CSI, CSI:NY, Doctor Who - I really love tv lol.

Does anyone watch Leverage? I'm really sad that it's been cancelled out:
        I loved Leverage. But to be honest, I think the biggest part of why I loved that show as much as I did is because they filmed it in my city (ever since the second season) and I really enjoyed recognizing the buildings and various surroundings. Especially the series finale. Those "two" buildings they were focusing on. I could really break it down into some nitty gritty details but I don't want to ruin it for anyone else, lol. It was a great show, though. Loved it. I did poke a lot of fun at it with Nate's "Get's go steal ________ " phrase. Let's go steal Christmas (what they actually used in the second to last episode) to "Let's go steal the sun." "Let's go steal the Galaxy!" etc
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

I don't watch a lot of TV any more but am watching a few series through Lovefilm.

Haven (almost finished season 2)
          Supernatural
          True Blood
          Game of Thrones (only seen season 1 so far)

I also have Grimm and Once Upon a Time on my list but haven't started them yet.

Oh, I also watched all 5 series of Merlin at the end of last year. It was good... but could've been so much better
          Last edited by shadow1982; 13 Jan 2013, 09:45. Reason: Double post
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Downton Abbey (hoo-rah season 3)
            NCIS (the original)
            Star Trek anything
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Star Trek anything
              Even the animated series? No one ever talks about that one.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                Even the animated series? No one ever talks about that one.
                Yup, just not my absolute fave tho...and I'm not sure where I'd place it because its animated and hard to compare.

For the rest, I like Enterprise best, followed by DS9, followed by TNG, the original, and then voyager.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

The animated series is the only one that I've actually watched most of, I've only seen TWO episodes of the original star trek. Amok Time and Mirror, Mirror.

The only other one I watched is TNG, and only the random episodes that come on tv. None of the movies, none of the other series. As a matter of fact that's part of my new years resolution: Watch more star trek and play the second half of metal gear solid. That is my bucket list in a nut shell, actually.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    The animated series is the only one that I've actually watched most of, I've only seen TWO episodes of the original star trek. Amok Time and Mirror, Mirror.

The only other one I watched is TNG, and only the random episodes that come on tv. None of the movies, none of the other series. As a matter of fact that's part of my new years resolution: Watch more star trek and play the second half of metal gear solid. That is my bucket list in a nut shell, actually.
                    I have seen all of TNG and DS9, a large portion of the original, I have seen no enterprise, and an episode or two of voyager. I have seen a few of the TNG movies and that is mostly it... I love TNG though, I grew up watching it with my mom, we woulod sit in my grandmother's bed while she was at work and watch it together. DS9 Had a great story, and phenominal acting, I love that one too, I have a hard time getting into the others.

Is anyone else depressed that there is no more Better Off Ted? I bloody loved that show... there should be so much more of it.
                    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Community!

And recently I've been watching Arrow.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                        Community!
                        Community is HORRIBLE. I watched an episode or two in camp this summer, because everyone was all over it, and I felt like I was getting stupider watching it.

In other news, is Breaking Bad really that good? I've been on the fence about downloading it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          Community is HORRIBLE. I watched an episode or two in camp this summer, because everyone was all over it, and I felt like I was getting stupider watching it.
                          It depends on what episodes you watched. It starts off slow but then gets really good.
                          [4:82]

Comment

I'm pre-sad that Fringe will be over after this next episode. I actually really enjoy the story line on the Observers.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I stopped watching satellite/cable TV a couple years ago. Never went back, never wanted to. But, I still enjoy watching some shows on the interwebs.
                              Some of said shows are:
                              American Horror Story (I'm a sucker for horror movies and the like)
                              The Office (mostly the early seasons. Kinda lost its charm later on)
                              Parks and Recreation
                              Adventure Time
                              King of the Hill
                              Southpark

Comment

Being Human (US) started back up!

Comment

Working...
                                X