Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What assumptions did you have when you read usernames of other members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What assumptions did you have when you read usernames of other members?

I dont know if it's quite where it was coming from but when I see Denarius' name, I kinda immediately think of the Dresden Files >.>
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Re: What assumptions did you have when you read usernames of other members?

Originally posted by Oshii View Post
      Not really an assumption but I don't get why some people put numbers in their names...
      When I saw yours, I of course assumed you'd taken it from Japanese and meant it as in, 'precious', but I wondered if you also knew the word means, 'regrettable', 'a pity', 'a shame', 'not quite good enough' or is the go-to word cried out during ball games when someone misses their shot, or almost won but just missed out ^^ I'm sure it is actually none of the above in reality.

On the subject of Japanese in names, or names that at least sound Japanese, I always think 'Hooray, I have a new best friend' and naturally assume they'll be masters in Japanese and want to help me with my studies, or maybe practice Shinto and teach me more about it. I oddly enough never think 'animeotaku' unless they have an anime avatar AND a Japanese sounding name.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
      X