Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Gay' marriage signals 'centuries of persecution'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Gay' marriage signals 'centuries of persecution'?

I hate seeing my faith used to justify intolerance. Its just... Sad. Its this kind of BS that has made me not attend church for a few months since the priest there gives homophobic diatribes.

Sadly it will take a long time for deeply entrenched institutions to change their ways. Alas. But at least the general populace is swinging in the direction of real morality, and you know, giving people the rights they deserve.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

The world neither hates or loves you, but people can hate or love you. This excuse to allow the denial of a right, is just pathetic. So people are going to be mean to them, that's what they deserve for the horrible things they have done to people. Coming for a gay guy, this just pisses me off, I hear this kinda stuff all the time. On the radio, the t.v, even my schools news channel. Why do we as a society let hate thrive?
      Last edited by darkhalf; 31 Mar 2013, 15:16. Reason: forgot the word we

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Indeed centuries of persecution because people just misunderstood them about the torture and murder of so many because they did not follow the Church's demands.
        Most of the claims of their "centuries of persecution" are from forged documents. The whole "throwing christians the lions" business is a forgery, along with most of the stories of the "saints'" deaths.

That's just on top of the absurdity caused by the idea of gay marriage being "persecution" at all.

I once would have said that churches shouldn't be required to perform them, but I've reconsidered due to the fact that marriage is a government institution. If they want to get out of the government institution, then they should. If not, then they should follow the laws of that government institution.

Comment

Working...
        X