Excerpt Reading, by popular demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excerpt Reading, by popular demand

Chickadee's weekly recitation from few weeks ago, from Dr. S's Oh, the Places You will go

Me reading one of my fave poems
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Chickadee's weekly recitation from few weeks ago, from Dr. S's Oh, the Places You will go

Me reading one of my fave poems
      Aww, that first one made my heart melt XD Nice poetry reading, too.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        I was actually giving serious consideration to making that book my entry into this thread... Chickadee's reading was much better!
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

You were all magnificent! Good choices all around.

I really like watching Chain read (in an armchair, no less!) and I love that poem thal!

- - - Updated - - -

Bit nervous about this one. Here's a poem I wrote five years ago. It's called "Under the weeping Moon/Sous la Lune pleurant"

(for the non-frenchies: ceci, je sais = this, I know, and tout est bien, sous la lune pleurant = all is well, under the weeping moon")

PS: sorry about the wine glass obscuring the corner...

Mostly art.

Comment

I have to contribute! Maybe I will just set it up when I read Man Cub's bedtime story.

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            Would the BDSM scene from Wizard's First Rule be too NSFW?
            I wouldn't really call that a BDSM scene. It was way too tame for that. I mean tame language, because if I remember correctly, the scene was mostly just torture.

Comment

It was kinky, sexualized, and had a lot of powerplay. Also there was bondage, dominance, and sadism so it kind of is by definition BDSM.

Here's a helpful image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-BDSM_acronym.svg.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	351657
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                It was kinky, sexualized, and had a lot of powerplay. Also there was bondage, dominance, and sadism so it kind of is by definition BDSM.

Here's a helpful image:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1473[/ATTACH]
                As someone that is into BDSM, I wasn't very impressed by it.

...so maybe, if its gratuitous stick it in the adult section (its been awhile since I've read it). If its NSFW*, make sure to label that also.

*I judge NSFW this way: Would the most anal boss I've ever had be mad? If yes, NSFW.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I don't remember it that well, so I'm open to being corrected here, but that section may adhere to the definition of BDSM, but it wasn't very sexual, if at all. I remember the disappointment, so it couldn't have been that bad!

^_^

Comment

"Rains of Castamere", a song from A Storm of Swords, by George RR Martin.

forgive the shoddy rhythm, I hadn't even bothered to try reading the excerpt out loud when I started this. It took a line or two to get it right.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Bit nervous about this one. Here's a poem I wrote five years ago. It's called "Under the weeping Moon/Sous la Lune pleurant"

(for the non-frenchies: ceci, je sais = this, I know, and tout est bien, sous la lune pleurant = all is well, under the weeping moon")

PS: sorry about the wine glass obscuring the corner...
                      I loved this one, V. Lovely lovely! Didn't even notice the wine glass. Maybe mine was obscuring my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                        I loved this one, V. Lovely lovely! Didn't even notice the wine glass. Maybe mine was obscuring my view.
                        Thanks!

Mostly art.

Comment

Do you take requests? If so, can you do one by Leunig? <3

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                            Do you take requests? If so, can you do one by Leunig? <3
                            I don't, but you can post a video of YOU reading Leunig.

Mostly art.

Comment

I wanted to but I would have to make a youtube account and then upload it to the internet... /sigh...

Okay, fine

- - - Updated - - -

K so I've never done a poetry reading before so I didn't know what to do with my voice. And it was hard to say 'literary'. Shush.

Comment

Working...
                              X