Things to make you think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things to make you think...

While rummaging through some of my belongings to find things for projects and what will be subsequently sold I found a Tsunamika doll I was given with an eBay purchase years ago. For those of you who don't know, these are dolls made by the victims of the tsunami back in 2004 (they seem to be continuing it: http://tsunamika.org/). I feel like my life is crap right now, but a card included with it gave me pause. The website has the poem in its entirety:

my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

In the above video, Oceanographer for the U.S. Navy, RADM David Titley, discusses climate change and its impending ramifications on national security. Listen as he details some of the top facts and figures you should know about climate change and your future, explained in terms that even the most unfamiliar with science would be able to understand.

Rear Admiral David W. Titley, Oceanographer and Navigator of the Navy (Photo: U.S.Navy)
      In 2009, RADM Titley assumed duties as oceanographer and navigator of the Navy and director, Task Force Climate Change. He has a Ph.D. in Meteorology and is a fellow of the American Meteorological Society. You’ll get to learn about some of his personal journey in science during his talk.

from Armed with Science (a DoD science/tech blog)
      I find it interesting that an overwhelming chunk of the *public* might think climate change is BS...but the military doesn't

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

The TED Talks channel features the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design -- plus science, business, global issues, the arts and more. You're welcome to link to or embed these videos, forward them to others and share these ideas with people you know. TED's videos may be used for non-commercial purposes under a Creative Commons License, Attribution–Non Commercial–No Derivatives (or the CC BY – NC – ND 4.0 International) and in accordance with our TED Talks Usage Policy: https://www.ted.com/about/our-organization/our-policies-terms/ted-talks-usage-policy. For more information on using TED for commercial purposes (e.g. employee learning, in a film or online course), please submit a Media Request at https://media-requests.ted.com
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Radiation Reality Check
          sigpic

Comment

How much is the $100 million dollars in budget cuts compared to the federal budget as a whole? This video imagines the budget as $100 in pennies to provide t...

the national budget...

Comment

It's funny but makes a good point. What do you think?

Difference between commercials aimed at women and commercials aimed at men
              [4:82]

Comment

I was a bit impressed by this...
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X