Solitary or group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solitary or group?

I'm solitary, cos there's no one around. But I wouldn't mind being part of a group. The accountability might help counter my laziness!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I don't really practice rituals.. though I wouldn't mind exploring that when I have the time and room for it. That being said, with the exception of one friend who I talk to on a regular basis, and my husband, I don't really deal with people much when I don't have to. Once in a blue moon, I'll hang out with my husbands group of friends. So I'm a very solitary person to begin with. I really don't enjoy the group aspect in any way and am quite introverted. It takes me quite awhile to warm up to someone, and that's when there's plenty of one on one time when I feel I have an equal opportunity to communicate. I get along with my coworkers and can handle customer service pretty well, but at the end of the day, I just want to go home a recoup.

That being said, if you're interested in finding others to discuss/practice with (and I would suggest getting to know them outside of ritual before leaping into any ritual with them) try a Unitarian Universalist church if you can find one in your area, there are some scattered throughout the bible belt, and many of these churches have a cuups group (covenant of Unitarian Universalist pagans). At the very least they should be able to put you in contact with groups in your area who have similar beliefs/practices.

Also, check for events/festivals/expos in your area. Find pagan stores in the area (it might mean driving a couple hours, but if you really want to be a part of a group that's probably worth it). Pagan stores often post information about classes and events in the area. Any event is a great place to meet people. They would also probably know about groups in your area and would have ways to put you in contact with them.

And never forget the internet, it does wonders. Here for instance: http://pagan.meetup.com/ you can enter a zip code and it will tell you anything listed in your area.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Because my practice can be so specific, I usually celebrate with a group for festivals like the Solstices and Equinoxes that the Pagan community at large usually celebrates. For things like Karva Chauth, I'm on my own because of where I live. When it comes to things like Anthesteria, I'm on my own because Dionysians are (geographically) few and far between.

Comment

I practice solitarily. I haven't quite settled on my path yet, and I am also quite eclectic; I'd like to wait until I've sorted out a few things. I'd also like some more knowledge and experience.

Besides, there are no witches, Wiccans or Pagans in my town... I think.

Comment

I'm solitary too. Mostly because I don't know any other pagans in my area except for my mother, but also because for one with such a specific path within Paganism as me, it would be wierd to mate up with a rather eclectic coven, fx.
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Solitary, I do interact with other pagans and Wiccans from time to time but for the most part I prefer to practice alone.
              I tend not to get alone well with others and praticing solitary for me helps avoids the problems of the my way or your way conflict.
              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I have been solitary for almost three years. Last year, I found a partner to study with in a Circle. I hope to later grow this two-person Circle into an actual Coven. It would be great!

Comment

I'm Solitary. When I flew out here 4 years ago to assess the area and look at houses, I went wandering about town and "something" led me to a "New Age" store, where I met the most wonderful, friendly Pagan woman who owned it. We exchanged email addresses and kept in touch while I made my decision to move here. Upon my arrival I visited with her often. She was murdered a year and a half ago, during a robbery by an ex-employee, and I have no other "spiritual" contacts here. I have several online, which is cool.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I've always been solitary, though my beliefs are not really ritual-based. A while back, I briefly joined a Wiccan study group that was supposed to form into a proper working coven, but after a few sessions I found myself at odds with the robe-wearing and wand-waving, and decided that the Wiccan way was not for me. Since then I've been quietly nosing around by myself finding the right path within the path
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm non practicing atm, although looking for a patron/matron diety (think I found a couple matron dieties but not sure). There aren't that many Pagans where I live, almost everyone here is Christian or Muslim. I do know of one store that sells supplies, but I haven't taken the time to go down there and see what's for sale. I'm saving up my money for when I transition from state care to living by myself, so don't have all that much money atm. I would really like to find someone to mentor me and teach me to meditate properly. I've tried to meditate, but I don't really see anything (although almost half my dreams have a white cat, maybe that's my spirit/totem animal).
                      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Working...
                      X