X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hives Help?

Howdy,

I need medicinal help!

I tend to get hives when I'm stressed, but these aren't going away.

The only thing I've had constantly is cranberries, but now that I've cut them out idk why im still covered.

Any ideas?

I REALLY don't want to go back to the ER for another steroid shot.

Re: Hives Help?

there are lots of natural things you can do against that. but i need more info on what exactly the 'hives' look like....
    are they open/closed etc....if you want to you can PM me if you don't want to discuss the details openly
    feel better soon!

Comment

I'm fine with talking about it openly, any help will be great.

Their just like mosquito bites, their just big red closed bumps under my skin but they leech into my mussels and as a workout fanatic this is killing me!

They itch like crazy and its actually gotten to the point of where I'm bleeding because I've scratched too hard in my sleep. I'm so bloody tired of all of the meds they've put me on so hopefully someone on here can help.

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is to keep a record of EVERYTHING. What you eat, what soaps as lotions you use, what fabrics you wear.

And speak to your doctor. There are natural solutions to hives (and yes, some people can get them from stress alone) ...but if you have an allergy to something, no matter how obscure, you're going to need medical help first.

Mostly art.

Comment

I second what V said, also look at laundry detergents and fabric softeners (including dryer sheets) I have to avoid certain detergents and fabric softeners myself, I can't use any of the dryer sheets, or I become a horrible bumpy mess and I end up tearing my skin apart. I have moved to natural soaps and I have to watch shampoos too, some of them set me off really bad. The stuff like fabric softener, can mostly be washed off of my skin after a day or two, and I have to put lots of creram on it to help stop the itching, just keep in mind some creams and lotions will hold the allergen against your skin, so a hot shower with a good natural soap can help a bunch to diminish skin related allergies, then after your skin dries and your pores shrink a bit, use a natural oil or cream that you know you are not allergic to. sometimes it can take years to figure out all the things your skin can and cannot come into contact with.
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Sounds like an allergic reaction...i agree with what the other members said definitely get it checked out again by a doctor. tell them you would want to try something natural...and keep a log of everything that changes...food soaps laundry detergent etc. or even ask your doc if he/she would do an allergy test...that's a quick way to find out whats bothering you so badly. i had to do 2 because they could not figure it out any other way... :/
            if its only from stress, and once you've gotten that approved by a doctor...i would take a lavender oil bath...it really helps for stress breakouts awesomely!! Plus lavender is calming (not only for skin but also for thoughts/emotions) so it will help with the stress and help with the breakout...hope you feel better soon
            blessings!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

The only dismal part is that I've done all of that. Multiple times. lol

I always get stress hives, but these are the worst I've ever had so it may be a reaction but I have no idea what to.

But, thanks for the idea of the lavender bath! Lavender is my signature herb anyways, so I have plenty lying around.

Comment

I'm curious if you could look into the symptoms of thyroid disruption (hyper or hypo) and see what symptoms, if any, you have of them.

There are a lot of resources on the internet that will help. If you've been to a doc and dismissed issues of allergens, then one of the more common "other" indicators with hives is thyroid disruption. Because thyroid disruption is pretty common, and the standard allopathic testing is often far too lenient on the T-factors, I'd be interested to see if you have thyroid disruption symptoms as a whole. It would give you another avenue to discuss with your doctor--or better yet a naturopathic doctor.

I'm not diagnosing you, I'm just trying to point you in another potential direction. You've ruled one thing out, but there are a number of other things that present with hives as a symptom. So let's start seeing if we can't eliminate (or discover) some other possibilities.

Comment

Thanks! I'll look into that, I've never even thought about that as a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                  X