Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deities that can grant wishes? (Merged Topics)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: deities that can grant wishes?

Originally posted by utopia View Post
    to switch bodies with another.. before you ask how old i am, i'm 21 years old.
    This leads to further questions, and if you don't want to answer them, that is fine, but I feel its relevant.
    Why do you want to switch bodies? With who (obviously I don't need a name, that wouldn't mean anything anyways I wouldn't know them) but what makes it so you'd want to be in this person's body rather than your own?

You made sure to mention your age, which I didn't think of asking... How old is this other human?
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I'll answer them in the dm... i won't here because it will drag on and people will just be nasty like they were in other websites.

Comment

I'll answer them in the dm... i won't here because it will drag on and people will just be nasty like they were in other websites.
        fair enough ^_^ talk to you when you message me then!

Comment

Re: invoking hecate..

Look, I'm sorry, but you really need to get a grip. Leave aside the morality of what you are proposing for a moment. I have known people practise some pretty dodgy stuff in the past. But there is a different here - Why on earth you believe that simply asking a deity to help you in such a nefarious practice would actually work? Because you think - or others have maybe told you - that Hekate is baaaaad?

Listen, cariad.... just because someone tells you something doesn't make it true. Just because you want to believe it doesn't make it true.

If you are really determined to perform such a spell - why would a god, demon or whatever actually help you? Because to enlist help you have to work with these spirits and powers, and it's clear from what you've been posting here that you haven't. Worse - IMHO - you have no intention of really putting any work into it. You have no idea what might be required of you in return.

Now - if you want me to take you seriously - and yes, I will listen, even if I think you're a bit twp in what you're wanting - then you need to set out your stall. Here. Now.

What do you want. Exactly?
          What makes you think it's a good idea?
          What makes you think anyone can do it?
          What makes you think YOU can do it?

And finally - Hekate (in my experience ) is not a terrifying demon you can bend to your will. She is a powerful, knowledgeable Crone type figure, and you mess with her - or any other deity or power - at your peril.

Now - set out your answers. Take your time. And let's take it from there.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

i'd prefer ones that are invoked with darkness/magic.
            Ok let me stop you there, first off, why are you putting the concepts of darkness and magick together, that to me seems a very very abrahamic religeous view (sorry malflick i know im stereotyping) and secondly it makes it seem like you want to do something you believe(on some fundemental level) is bad/evil. one unless your rebeling against somethign why would you and two if you really believe that witch craft is bad or evil and so on, i personally would advise you long and hard to go away and think about what you truly believe and your reasons for choosing a faith. (and thats me speaking from personal experience of Effing around with things and spending years repairing the damage i did)

None yet, i have been suggested far too many
            ok and of them which did you feel attracted to, any, and if you dont feel attracted to any of them, then what do you believe? do you think there are many other gods, do you think they are all real. this isnt a group where yousay you know what this year i feel like i want to worship hecate or freya, or other god/dess, and practise magick in their name. its a religeon, you personally must have specific beliefs on how the universe works even if they are unique to you, build on them. research things and find a way to fit them into your belief system find what works for you and stick to it. and as for the magick, you dont have to be a wiccen or anything else to practise magick. witchcraft is and art the same as knitting or drawing or singing dancing. remember that witch craft is the tool not the dieties.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlenda View Post
              Ok let me stop you there, first off, why are you putting the concepts of darkness and magick together, that to me seems a very very abrahamic religeous view (sorry malflick i know im stereotyping)
              Its cool Kahlenda, that's pretty fair as Abrahamic faith's effect on Western culture has been, though obviously not all Abrahamic people think the two are related .

Comment

I won't mess with her for goodness sake.

Comment

I won't mess with her for goodness sake.
                  But you haven't answered my questions.
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Re: has anyone worked with loki or eris?

I haven't "worked with" either, and so any input I have would just be conjecture.

Back to the OP, I'd like to hear the experiences of anyone who has.

"Work with" is kind of an odd phrase to me, as applied to deities anyway.

Comment

I will just add- be ready to look at aspects of yourself you do not want to and will fight tooth and nail not to see and believe- but when you can face the dirty rotten truth, you will be better for it. Hecate's protection comes from your own inner strength. She may come to you swiftly without a sound, but when you call her, have your implements ready- basically because she seems to appreciate the gesture more than anything (I use a Wiccan oriented altar for my rituals, so it isn't exactly traditional by Greek standards I would imagine).

Comment

I'd like some details, here. A Wiccan looking to control another person's body, through soul-swapping, would know flat out that it would violate their Rede. A person's Will being what it is.

Working with a number of deities, as I do, not a one of them would entertain such a prepubescent demand, really, from me, no matter *what* price I was willing to pay. Seriously, they'd look at me like I was some petulant and infantile fledgling. And many of these goddesses and gods have been with me for decades, now. I don't understand how the gravity of such a "spell" can exist in the pettiness of human interaction.

Also, something as malevolent and deleterious as soul-swapping is not just a threat or a measly demonstration. It's final... possibly, quite lethal (but I'll be the first to admit that I don't know that much about demonology or demonolatry). Asking some random deity or demon to grant this malicious wish... it's a safe bet they would exact a heavy, heavy toll to prove one's folly. And never get to the wish-granting bit.

After all that, I seriously have to question motives and, lastly, I am compelled to wonder about the behavior and sensibilities of someone that is VIRTUALLY begging to be given the keys to the palace, so to speak.
                        Last edited by ChainLightning; 22 Jun 2013, 15:44.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

After doing a bit of researching, reading and discussing this user, I've decided to give her a Bullshit Troll award. Seriously.

The staff here, and indeed all the members of this community, have come to rely on a sense of caring for others, regardless of their beliefs, chosen religion, if any, nationality or any other common discrimination or prejudice, on Pagan Forum. We all run into situations where some asshat really needs an eviction notice sent from the planet Earth. After reading a couple dozen posts from a handful of sites, (finding inconsistencies, contradictions, and outright rudeness and defiance) we, the staff, have decided to ban Utopia on the premise that she has nothing to give to the community and only demands from it, instead. A parasite, if you will.

You'll note that I'm not being very diplomatic, in this post. That's how upset I am, upon reading and hearing about all the different drivel this user has posted and PM'd in regards to this wish, that she wants granted at any and all costs. As toxic as I am, no, we don't need or want that sort of toxic mentality in OUR home. Occult Corpus and eCauldron, and now Pagan Forum, (and any others that we haven't yet found) have all been cursed with wanton petulance and maliciousness. One of whom has already banned her.

Now, we have, too.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and happy to oblige, for anyone feeling that a burden has now lifted.

~Chain

Last edited by ChainLightning; 22 Jun 2013, 16:51. Reason: Typo city

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                          X