Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=496.msg9784#msg9784 date=1288827413]
    OMG. I am so dumb. I've been looking for hobby matchboxes. Never thought to just go to the market where they sell matches. Thanks for reminder.

*I don't smoke so I had no idea to think of this. :P
    [/quote]

LOL I was super confused for a second...I was like "they don't have matchboxes there?"

You don't even have to waste the matches....just get a pack of them and dump them into one of the other boxes.

I don't smoke either but I do light candles and incense. My master pack of matches is actually still left over from way back when I moved into my first apartment (as in my first non-shared apartment in Berlin) and I didn't know that you had to install your own lights in a lot of German apartments (depends on how cheap the previous tenants were and if they decided to take their light fixtures with them. I chose to leave my cheap Ikea fixtures when I left!) I didn't have ANY lights and only had one lamp and a christmas tree with lights on it, so I had to light candles for lights until I managed to get light fixtures and a friend over to help me install them.

Comment

So I found a pack of 3 for 1.50. They seem bigger but it's what I got. What do you think?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Size doesn't matter ... 8)
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I was kinda thinking of the smaller matchboxes, but I wouldn't make you go buy more. The big ones are fine too, I suppose.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=496.msg10105#msg10105 date=1288921841]
            I was kinda thinking of the smaller matchboxes, but I wouldn't make you go buy more. The big ones are fine too, I suppose.
            [/quote]
            I saw the small ones. Just way too tiny. Especially for me since I have bad vision and can't be working with tiny things. Think of mine as for the vision impaired! :P
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=496.msg10127#msg10127 date=1288929937]
              I saw the small ones. Just way too tiny. Especially for me since I have bad vision and can't be working with tiny things. Think of mine as for the vision impaired! :P
              [/quote]

Oh, I LOVE making tiny things!

Mostly art.

Comment

oooooooooooh!!!! I love this idea!!! I kind of want to join in but I'm scared that I'll end up not sending anything off and that would suck
                for the person I get given :-\ I'm not very good sticking to a schedule :

what kind of stuff would be going in these matchboxes??

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=496.msg10292#msg10292 date=1288983549]
                  oooooooooooh!!!! I love this idea!!! I kind of want to join in but I'm scared that I'll end up not sending anything off and that would suck
                  for the person I get given :-\ I'm not very good sticking to a schedule :

what kind of stuff would be going in these matchboxes??
                  [/quote]

Aww, but you have a WHOLE month to make it and send it off! And whatever kind of stuff you want - you can make a little shrine for the person you get (I mean with them in mind, if you know them at all) ...or like a little hobby shrine, or a little shrine of things you like to make them think of you...

The possibilities are endless!

Mostly art.

Comment

Anyone who still wants to participate, you have TWO SLEEPS to PM me your name and address. If not, I will be getting someone to distribute the names shortly.

Mostly art.

Comment

WOO HOO ... Got mine ... A cute little triple one ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Today is the day!

Comment

woot! Can't wait to get a name so I can start!
                          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg11538#msg11538 date=1289401337]
                            Today is the day!
                            [/quote]

Sure is! I've already given the names to a secret someone, who will be PM'ing you sometime today.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=496.msg11544#msg11544 date=1289401854]
                              Sure is! I've already given the names to a secret someone, who will be PM'ing you sometime today.
                              [/quote]

*camps out in front of the screen, punching F5 repeatedly*

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg11545#msg11545 date=1289401921]
                                *camps out in front of the screen, punching F5 repeatedly*
                                [/quote]

*learns for the first time F5 is a hot key for reloading....also punching F5 repeatedly now!!!!*
                                The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

Working...
                                X