• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg11545#msg11545 date=1289401921]
    *camps out in front of the screen, punching F5 repeatedly*
    [/quote]

hehe. Moi aussi!
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

I got my name!

*hides paper
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Me too. Y'all got a month, peoples!

Mostly art.

Comment

Got mine ... Or rather I got someone else ... LOL ... 8)
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Me too! Me too!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thank you, I've got the name of the person I'm sending to I'll get working on my little box now.

Comment

[quote author=Mercian link=topic=496.msg12786#msg12786 date=1289678714]
                Thank you, I've got the name of the person I'm sending to I'll get working on my little box now.
                [/quote]

Awesome!

I think I'm going to start on my matchbox today. Ideas, oh boy - do I have them! ;D

Mostly art.

Comment

I'm really excited about doing it! I've got the design pretty much worked out...hopefully it turns out in practice like it does in my head...

Comment

So - do we just send them off when we get them done, or do we have a send off party first?
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=496.msg12819#msg12819 date=1289685558]
                      So - do we just send them off when we get them done, or do we have a send off party first?
                      [/quote]

Huh. Good question.

I was kinda thinking that whenever we finish them, we send them off, and then when we receive them, we take pics and post them here. It was my thinking that the Dec 10th deadline is the day you MUST have them mailed off by, but it needn't take a whole month to make, by any means.

Mostly art.

Comment

Woot, I has a name!

I think it'd be cool to have a send-off party. With people living in different countries, they're gonna arrive at different times anyway.

Do we sign the envelopes, or leave who it came from a secret?

Comment

I'm gonna wait till it's almost too late and then get on it. Because that's what I do! :P
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=496.msg12873#msg12873 date=1289716189]
                            Do we sign the envelopes, or leave who it came from a secret?
                            [/quote]

Your choice. I was going to sign mine.

Mostly art.

Comment

I am gonna send mine right before the first ... So it gets there maybe by Xmas ... LOL ... Maybe I send it tomorrow ... I will put return addy on it just in case tho ...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=496.msg13259#msg13259 date=1289791832]
                                I will put return addy on it just in case tho ...
                                [/quote]

I thought the same thing...
                                Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X