A Very Good Beginners information Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Very Good Beginners information Site

Even if they are from D&D they're not wrong so I can't really say anything about that. The first sentence kinda threw me off "I would just like to note at this point that I am not Wicca and as such I do not follow the Wicca path or Rede". Besides that I don't see many attempts at research really. However even with that I can't say it's horrible since there is some good information and advice for beginners. The schools of magick section looks like rubbish and some of the terminology just seems out of place (again not to say any of it is wrong per say). I'd say it was made by a teenager probably heavily influenced by fantasy culture. The lack of research is sorta bugging me, it's like the writer knows all the rules but doesn't know the details.
    This is from the main page
    I am not a Wicca, I am a Witch, I do NOT follow the Rede.
    I follow the Olde Traditional path doing magic the true way.
    Without Rules - Without Constraint - Without the Rede.
    It gives off a very holier than thou feeling to me, like the writer feels she knows everything. Also 1211 people have liked her facebook page.
    The writer has quite a network of sites.... as I keep reading I'm liking it less and less. There's a few things were she finds the meaning of something writes about it then outright disagrees with the minor research that was done. It's rather concerning
    Last edited by Corvus; 07 Aug 2013, 22:24.
    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Danse may have affected any original imbalance. It didn't counter the fun toys provided in

I don't really need to see full power OWoD Tremere. I just liked the flavor for them more than I like the Lancea or the Circle. Vampiric wizards entertain me.
      the book actually changes very little about cruac and theban sorcery, it manages to work itself out to being very similar in cost... they have added some other supplements to give similar abilities to other groups, I do understand its un balanced, I think they really need a rebalancing for power costs for the dragons.
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Okay, it's not so bad in some regards but there is some stuff in here that looks like someone confused parts of witchery for DnD and as a nerd and a pagan I can tell you I know when to keep my game and my religion separate. I believe in many things, but when you have a table taken from the 3.5 DnD rules I worry about the source.

Comment

Working...
        X