Non-Alcoholic "Alocholic" drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Alcoholic "Alocholic" drinks

So I cooked up that non alcoholic mead recipe. Again thanks Malflick for bringing me this recipe.

Thought I'd take a picture of the honey because of that beautiful amber colour.

This is what the pot looked like after I added the water apple juice and honey, this was before mixing so it was layered. I realize I made an insanely small amount but I just wanted to try it.

Bringing it to a slow boil after mixing.

And boom, finished product. It has that beautiful amber colour like real honey mead. A lot of the water boiled off so but I expected that.

Finished product tasted fantastic. A good sweet taste like you expect, plus a long lasting after taste. I swished water before hand so I had a "Fresh Palette" so to speak. Now I sound like a foodie great.
    White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
    sigpic
    In Days of yore,
    From Britain's shore
    Wolfe the dauntless hero came
    And planted firm Britannia's flag
    On Canada's fair domain.
    Here may it wave,
    Our boast, our pride
    And joined in love together,
    The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
    The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
      I'm still learning about mixed drinks, but I am a fine connoisseur of sparkling juice and ciders. You should be able to find all sorts of varieties. Welches is the most common one, and is actually pretty good especially if you like a sweeter taste. St. Julian's is less sweet and higher quality, but a bit more expensive.
      Yea that's actually what I did for my wedding. Welches. yum yum
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
        So I cooked up that non alcoholic mead recipe. Again thanks Malflick for bringing me this recipe.

Thought I'd take a picture of the honey because of that beautiful amber colour.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1911[/ATTACH]
        This is what the pot looked like after I added the water apple juice and honey, this was before mixing so it was layered. I realize I made an insanely small amount but I just wanted to try it.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1912[/ATTACH]
        Bringing it to a slow boil after mixing.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1913[/ATTACH]
        And boom, finished product. It has that beautiful amber colour like real honey mead. A lot of the water boiled off so but I expected that.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1914[/ATTACH]

Finished product tasted fantastic. A good sweet taste like you expect, plus a long lasting after taste. I swished water before hand so I had a "Fresh Palette" so to speak. Now I sound like a foodie great.
        Excellent ! I can't wait to try this myself.
        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
        X