Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Zimmerman trial is a joke...........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Zimmerman trial is a joke...........

Originally posted by Claude View Post
    The prosecutor doesn't choose rather or not to charge someone the police and other investigators do.
    Other way around, I'm afraid. I arrest someone on charges specified. The actual criminal complaint is decided and composed by the district attorney's office.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
      I think the whole riot threats are just windbags trying to get a bit of fame. Idiotic radical groups like that are all talk and no bite. Besides I'm sure if the state thinks he is under any real threat he will be given a guard for a while.
      Check history. Every time there is a big, publicized, white/black issue like this, if the white man is found not guilty, there are riots. In the eyes of many people, the white man is always guilty, even when a jury his peers says he isn't.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
        Other way around, I'm afraid. I arrest someone on charges specified. The actual criminal complaint is decided and composed by the district attorney's office.
        Bingo!

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Check history. Every time there is a big, publicized, white/black issue like this, if the white man is found not guilty, there are riots. In the eyes of many people, the white man is always guilty, even when a jury his peers says he isn't.
        And they DO riot! just to make a scene and to go a lootin' but thats why alot of people riot...
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
          Infowars? Seriously?
          Oh, right. You like CNN better, don't you? http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/...erman-case.cnn

Direct quote from the reporter: "People are saying if Zimmerman isn't found guilty, there will be violence." How much more plain can that be?

Comment

I find it difficult to understand how anyone can describe Mr Zimmerman as an "innocent man" when there is no doubt that he did, indeed, kill Trayvon Martin. If anyone's lives have been ruined in this case, surely it is those of Trayvon Martin and his family and friends.

(I've been lurking here for a while, and like the forum, but I've never felt moved to post before).

Comment

There's some debate regarding the why of the killing. You can kill someone and legally be innocent of murder. As is, shrug, I have issues with Zimmerman but I'm not the jury, I'm not paying attention to the trial and I've little desire to change either of those facts. The man's fate will be decided by twelve of his peers and that settles most of my give a **** regarding the matter.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Evaine View Post
                I find it difficult to understand how anyone can describe Mr Zimmerman as an "innocent man" when there is no doubt that he did, indeed, kill Trayvon Martin. If anyone's lives have been ruined in this case, surely it is those of Trayvon Martin and his family and friends.

(I've been lurking here for a while, and like the forum, but I've never felt moved to post before).
                I happen to largely agree with this. Its not the killing of him that makes him guilty, its the fact that he purposely and purposefully went after Trayvon Martin who wasn't actually doing anything wrong. If he was getting his ass whupped, it was his own fault. Bottom line, there was no "problem" until Zimmerman showed up and created it.

The other problem I have with how this dumb ass state handles things is this case. Apparently if you are black, and a woman, you can't "stand your ground" even if you at least didn't kill anyone.

By the way, welcome to PF!
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, thalassa!

Comment

As I see these things,it is less about the fact of George Zimmerman Killing Travon,but more about the validity of the "Stand your ground" Law. The man in question is being tried because it seems he might not have been able to invoke that law. The outcome will depend more on the proof of G.Z being a victim rather than an aggressor. If indeed he started the confrontation then it would seem that Travon was the one standing HIS ground.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I wonder what the criteria is for being a neighborhood watch member.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        I wonder what the criteria is for being a neighborhood watch member.
                        I believe that the criterion is "showing up for meetings," much like being "Speaker for the House"....
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Evaine View Post

Well, that's why we have juries.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          I happen to largely agree with this. Its not the killing of him that makes him guilty, its the fact that he purposely and purposefully went after Trayvon Martin who wasn't actually doing anything wrong. If he was getting his ass whupped, it was his own fault. Bottom line, there was no "problem" until Zimmerman showed up and created it.

The other problem I have with how this dumb ass state handles things is this case. Apparently if you are black, and a woman, you can't "stand your ground" even if you at least didn't kill anyone.

By the way, welcome to PF!
                          Yeah, that was a travesty.

Comment

A little lengthy......but it provides an EXCELLENT breakdown of the judge and prosecution's corruption in this case:

On April 30, 2013, a hearing running just over three hours was held before Judge Nelson.  A video of the hearing can be found here.  Accounts of the hearing by local news sources, which have covere…

Comment

I hope Zimmerman burns alive. Lock him away. Shoot him. Do what you have to do prosecutors. To hell with the likes of him who is filled with hate. Who killed an innocent child.

Comment

Originally posted by Consciousness View Post
                                I hope Zimmerman burns alive. Lock him away. Shoot him. Do what you have to do prosecutors. To hell with the likes of him who is filled with hate. Who killed an innocent child.

We should probably wait for a verdict.

Comment

Working...
                                X