X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being a Godly Wife. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by moonraven View Post
    one should never confuse a sexual fantasy with what a person, man or woman, wants from a relationship as a whole.
    DING DING DING we have a winner!
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      A smart man will make a decision based on what the woman needs. If not, he will never get his needs met.
      And you proved my point. THIS is why most current relationships aren't working. Men are being programmed to give at all costs, and make sure her needs are met. Long term? This turns him into a wimp she doesn't respect because he never says no to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post

An example? (I really don't care about your particular opinion on the topic, its just an example) My hubby and I have had an ongoing discussion about circumcision. I really don't want to do it if we have a boy. He has really wants to. We had an open, honest discussion on it, in which I shared my reasoning and he shared his. This conversation took place over a long period of time, because it was a hot topic for both of us and we just had to set it aside quite often to calm down. In the end, because we couldn't agree, I left it up to him on a final note that at the very least I would like to wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves. I'm satisfied that he is well-informed now and capable of making that decision. And quite honestly, I was tired of arguing about it. Will I resent him if he says go ahead and do it if we have a boy, when the baby gets here? No. Absolutely not. It's his decision. I might not agree, but I've had my say, I'm satisfied that he listened and considered it, and that's the end of it.
        I know you said that you didn't care about anyone's particular opinion on this topic, however I'm trying to understand your thought process here and thus will share my thoughts on the matter.

I really don't know how such a thing could be a 'hot' button for a man to WANT to have his junk sexually mutilated. That is, unless they are a highly religious Jew or Muslim, and if they are, there's likely no talking reason into them in this matter, because 'God wills it.' Otherwise, I honestly can't understand why a man would want this for his son. Not unless there is a rare medical history of problems with uncircumcised men in his family. There are rare disorders in that kind of thing, but they are very rare indeed.

Your position was that you vehemently disagreed. You likely researched what it really is and what it really does. I'm a circumcised male. I had my organ mutilated at birth, without my permission. I asked my parents why they did it (I grew up Catholic) and they said "Oh, well, everyone was doing it at the time, so we didn't think anything of it." Wow, that's informed consent. It's also interesting to note that my father was NOT circumcised, nor was HIS father, all the way back into antiquity. But felt it was OK to do it to his son, just because that's what was the current 'trend'. They just let the doctor basically make the decision for them.

This isn't a decision about something such as to paint the baby's room blue, grey, or pink. It's something that will affect the poor little fellow his entire life, including possibly leading to sexual dysfunction. (That's kinda what happens when they cut part of your stuff off including tens of thousands of nerve bundles!)

These idiotic mutilation practices need to end, and religion isn't an excuse anymore. We aren't controlled by a high priest upon pain of death or being outcast. We can think for ourselves and say NO.

The one who needs to have the 'authority' in the relationship is the one who knows their arse from a hole in the ground on a subject. Sometimes that'll be your hubby, sometimes that'll be you.

You can't get tired of arguing and just give up when you know it is a topic that is woefully wrong. Some people think it's OK to feed their kids chemicals and GMOs. Others do not. If something was proven harmful for your child, and you knew that, would you give in and give it to them anyway just to make your husband happy? Even though you KNEW he was totally wrong?

If my wife is right about something, and she knows she's right, she never gives up. I love that about her, and I respect her all the more for it. The easy route would be for her to give it and just go with the flow.

I've had to argue on various and sundry points to get the reason why I wanted to do or not do certain things several times, and I didn't give up until that point was realized.

I see it like this, when it comes to non-religious topics, the truth is the truth. Fact is fact. It is independently verifiable by anyone. Most oft the reason an intelligent individual will come to another conclusion is that they don't have all the facts. So getting them all the facts is the key. If they STILL can't see the truth staring at them, then there's a disconnect somewhere.

My wife and I disagree upon very little these days. It's not that I or her have undue influence, it's that we both naturally come to the same conclusion when exposed to the same information. And that makes everything a whole lot easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
          And you proved my point. THIS is why most current relationships aren't working. Men are being programmed to give at all costs, and make sure her needs are met. Long term? This turns him into a wimp she doesn't respect because he never says no to her.
          But if a woman does this it isn't ok eigther... it has to be a give and take, it has to have a semblance of balance!
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

So many people on Earth....so many ways to do things....the trick is finding someone who's in the same paradigm. Because one size does NOT fit all.
            sigpic

Comment

I hope I am never considered a godly wife. An ungodly one, yes, by all means...
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                I hope I am never considered a godly wife. An ungodly one, yes, by all means...
                This is why I love you Tyullan!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I didn't say a smart man is a yes man. I said a smart man makes decisions based on the needs of his woman. Guess what? A woman does the same. I'm saying that if he thinks he's ruling the roost, he is in for a cold pillow on a couch. Being considerate to your woman is not a sign of a wimp. I think your ideals of what a man is are sorely skewed. Probably due to your own personal reasons.

Here's a quick sum up. Why do you think men give oral to the woman first? Because once she is warmed up, she will give you anything you want. Duh.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm interested in how this could be applied to homosexual relationships. If someone thinks there's a predefined role for men and women how does one reconcile this in a relationship where both partners have the same gender?
                    Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Here's a quick sum up. Why do you think men give oral to the woman first? Because once she is warmed up, she will give you anything you want. Duh.
                      Riiiiiiiight. How many women cheat on their significant others because they won't tell them what they really want in bed? Of all the women I've been with, on average I'd say one out of five were open with their sexuality and what they want. And going back to her giving him whatever *he* wants...they do that anyway. Its all part of that security thing I referred to earlier. But for the average woman to tell her significant other what SHE wants? It mostly doesn't happen. Why? The answer I have heard the most is "I don't want him to think I'm a whore." Or some variation of that.

Men are bad there as well. But women are worse.

Women are the only one of the two sexes who won't tell their significant other what they want in the bedroom because they don't want their man to think that they are a slut.........yet they will claim boredom and lack of attention to find some random guy who will screw them and treat them like a two dollar hooker.

It makes NO sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                      I'm interested in how this could be applied to homosexual relationships. If someone thinks there's a predefined role for men and women how does one reconcile this in a relationship where both partners have the same gender?
                      In same sex relationships it would come down to which one is the more dominant one. If you notice relationships between two males....even if they both act very feminine, one of them is always the one in charge so to speak. I think with same sex, it comes down to which one has more of an alpha personality.

Or take lesbians where one is the butch type and the other is more of a lipstick lesbian. 99% of the time, the more manly acting one is the one in charge in the relationship. Very rarely is it the other way around.

Comment

Women are the only one of the two sexes who won't tell their significant other what they want in the bedroom because they don't want their man to think that they are a slut.........yet they will claim boredom and lack of attention to find some random guy who will screw them and treat them like a two dollar hooker.

It makes NO sense to me.
                        The average woman, yes. The solution to this is not to get involved with average women.

Ultimately if yer having problems with a lack of communication in this area, mayhap yer just hooking up with the wrong kind of women...

And every woman is different. What pleases one woman may not do the same for another. What sends one to the moon and back, might not even show up as a blip on the radar for another.

A lass that is comfortable with her man will tell him what pleases her, and the man will be happy and grateful for this information. It makes his job a heck of a lot easier. A happy wife, is a happy life. An unhappy wife... well... you all know how that goes. It leads to all kinds of unpleasantness.

Keeping one's woman in cuddles (and orgasms) goes a very long way toward marital bliss.

Comment

Riiiiiiiight. How many women cheat on their significant others because they won't tell them what they really want in bed? Of all the women I've been with, on average I'd say one out of five were open with their sexuality and what they want. And going back to her giving him whatever *he* wants...they do that anyway. Its all part of that security thing I referred to earlier. But for the average woman to tell her significant other what SHE wants? It mostly doesn't happen. Why? The answer I have heard the most is "I don't want him to think I'm a whore." Or some variation of that.

It makes NO sense to me.

- - - Updated - - -

That's an interesting POV. However, men are usually the ones who actually HIRE said $2. hookers, because they don't want their Godly Wives "acting like sluts".

It's called the "Madonna/Whore Complex". It was portrayed drop-dead perfectly on "The Sopranos" in the relationship between Tony & Carmela.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                            That's an interesting POV. However, men are usually the ones who actually HIRE said $2. hookers, because they don't want their Godly Wives "acting like sluts".

It's called the "Madonna/Whore Complex". It was portrayed drop-dead perfectly on "The Sopranos" in the relationship between Tony & Carmela.
                            I can't disagree there. Men share some of the blame there too. If you're not willing to share your fantasies with your woman, then you're just as at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Teamwork
                              From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Teamwork is "work done by several associates with each doing a part but all subordinating personal prominence to the efficiency of the whole" .[1]
                              In a business setting accounting techniques may be used to provide financial measures of the benefits of teamwork which are useful for justifying the concept.[2] Teamwork is increasingly advocated by health care policy makers as a means of assuring quality and safety in the delivery of services; a committee of the Institute of Medicine recommended in 2000 that patient safety programs "establish interdisciplinary team training programs for providers that incorporate proven methods of team training, such as simulation."[3]
                              In health care, a systematic concept analysis in 2008 concluded teamwork to be "a dynamic process involving two or more healthcare professionals with complementary backgrounds and skills, sharing common health goals and exercising concerted physical and mental effort in assessing, planning, or evaluating patient care."[4] Elsewhere teamwork is defined as "those behaviours that facilitate effective team member interaction," with "team" defined as "a group of two or more individuals who perform some work related task, interact with one another dynamically, have a shared past, have a foreseeable shared future, and share a common fate."[5] Another definition for teamwork proposed in 2008 is "the interdependent components of performance required to effectively coordinate the performance of multiple individuals"; as such, teamwork is "nested within" the broader concept of team performance which also includes individual-level taskwork.[6] A 2012 review of the academic literature found that the word "teamwork" has been used "as a catchall to refer to a number of behavioral processes and emergent states."[7]

Oh, and......

Troll (Internet)
                              From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.[1]. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]
                              While this sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling also used to describe intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
                              I sent you a friend request for this And the person you replied to was highly sexist. I wonder how he feels about LGBT relationships if he is so fond of traditional gender roles. But seriously, this post was great :-D

Edit:Nevermind, I didn't read the rest of the thread after that. Corvus talked about Gay relationships already. Forget this post except for Hawkfeather. Hawkfeather is awesome.
                              Last edited by Bobbybobby99; 08 Jul 2013, 12:11.
                              Overt optimism and overt cynicism are both equally horrendous to my senses. Having a perfectly balanced view of the world only slightly less so. By goddess have an opinion, but kindly avoid blaring it like a wide-eyed idealist or a suicidal Goth.

Comment

It makes NO sense to me.
                                It's because you've had limited and, it would seem, very bad experiences with women. At this point, I'm beginning to think that the lady's aren't the ones at fault.

In same sex relationships it would come down to which one is the more dominant one. If you notice relationships between two males....even if they both act very feminine, one of them is always the one in charge so to speak. I think with same sex, it comes down to which one has more of an alpha personality.

Or take lesbians where one is the butch type and the other is more of a lipstick lesbian. 99% of the time, the more manly acting one is the one in charge in the relationship. Very rarely is it the other way around.
                                You realize that, in any given relationship, there are more ways to "be in charge" than asserting authority?
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X