Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiritual Laziness

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post

I am taking one baby step at a time. I realised that half my problem is I was a part of a religion, for 10 years, where they told you what to do when to do it how to do it etc. So it is unchartered territory figuring things out on my own.
    Me too >^.^< It's scary-exciting!

Comment

Made lunch today using herbs from my garden.. if you don't already have one, a garden might be a nice way to incorporate your spirituality into everyday life. You could grow herbs following the lunar cycle, learn their spiritual properties and use them as such. A good garden needs attention.. it could really help you to remember daily what you're doing and why and to remain thankful for provision.

Comment

I finally built my outdoor shrine for the landvaettir! I think it's awesome! I did try to put a nice little pot plant next to it, but the dog tried to eat it. The rest of it has surivived though! It's really nice to look out the window and see it Same with my kitchen shrine.

If I get around to it I'll post pictures.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm also spiritually lazy. I seriously want to overcome that. I've tried to just spent some time outside meditating before, but for some reason never kept up with it regularly. I also had a house fire a year ago and it destroyed everything, including all the books I had and all. Course books, while good for research, aren't necessary per se to develop a relationship with the divine. I certainly do want to get a book collection going again but in the meantime I could still go outside everyday, meditate even if just for a few minutes, pay attention to the esbats and sabbats....i've been ignoring. I know mabon is coming up soon. I have limited ways to observe them but I could still do something, I really have no excuse except laziness. Laziness is a common pitfall we humans seem to have, but we can work on it. Even just meditating a few minutes a day or praying before a meal since you have to eat anyway, little things, can be a great start at least.

Comment

I had a thought and wanted to share: perhaps the distraction, or perceived laziness stems from the fundamental belief that suggests we can see "god" or divinity in all things / believe that it's possible for that energy to be found everywhere. After all, everywhere is a very big place!
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
            X