Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holding Myself Back

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Yeah I get ya. I'm a bit at that point now, but I've come across one thing that I truly do believe, and decided to make a small shrine for it. I haven't done it yet (a bit sick) but I will. Once you can think of one small thing you're certain of, go and make a shrine for it :P it's something for you to look at and remember, and a place to focus your energies.

Even small things like dusting an existing altar, or building one from scratch can help you connect. Just do it with intent. And it will serve as a constant reminder for you.
    I had an idea for an altar but it has kinda turned into something else...I still think of it as my altar and I consider it my sacred space but it probably isnt a proper alter. Ive got crystals, incense, statuettes, sea shells, dried flowers, figurines, cards etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I could start by just doing things with my cards on a regular basis (its kinda funny how they told me to pay attention the other day lol). Try introduce some meditation...I dunno. I guess its a way to begin even if I feel like I fail lol
    There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything. - Lord Byron

Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. -
    William Wordsworth

Comment

My religious journey has been one of trial and error. I think that's something many people with eclectic sentiments may have as they experiment. Everyone is different, so different people have different solutions. Not every practitioner has the same values.

For me, eventually different insights from different phases in my spiritual life came together and formed a whole, and all the more superficial stuff that didn't work for me just dropped out of the picture completely on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
        I had an idea for an altar but it has kinda turned into something else...I still think of it as my altar and I consider it my sacred space but it probably isnt a proper alter. Ive got crystals, incense, statuettes, sea shells, dried flowers, figurines, cards etc.
        Altars come in all sorts of forms, so there really isn't such a thing as a proper altar (especially so for an eclectic), but the things you list are pretty standard on a lot of altars. If it works for you, and it helps get you in a good frame of mind for what you want to do, that's what matters.
        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by dgirl1986 View Post
          I had an idea for an altar but it has kinda turned into something else...I still think of it as my altar and I consider it my sacred space but it probably isnt a proper alter. Ive got crystals, incense, statuettes, sea shells, dried flowers, figurines, cards etc
          Sounds like an altar to me! Of course what makes an altar is intent. As long as this 'thing' you have created reminds you of what you want it to remind you of, you're winning!
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment