Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Obama was white, he'd never have been elected........

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Obama was white, he'd never have been elected........

I just came across this video. Interestingly enough, its a black man saying it. Watch and discuss:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: If Obama was white, he'd never have been elected........

The entire video is kinda nuts and unprofessional to say the least...1 the guys name...2 all the uuuuh uuuhh uhhhhhh uuuuhhhh's....3 the man is driving a car and instead of watching the road he is staring at the cam blabbing his mouth lol
    NOW, to the ONLY thing i agree with in this video:
    And may i first off, point out, i am no where close to being racist...I've lived in the US and I've had many black fiends, the ones I've met...great people!
    I completely agree though, that the United States totally goes overboard in compensating the black slavery back in the day...I can understand keeping it in mind, remembering on it and seeing that it was bad, learning from the mistake, so it does not repeat itself...
    But holy moly do they ever go overboard trying to "make it up" ... I think they need to understand the only way to make up for what happened back then, is to make sure it never happens again, not bow down to everything because "OMG...someone may think I'm racist.." ... That's just ignorant!

Comment

Ok, to start off, the way this man has already introduced himself makes me want to slap him. "The Doctor" of common sense? Really? While driving and watching the camera? Can we just say he is already a hypocrite? Cool, moving to the next bit...

While I will agree that there is a small degree ok overcompensating for past slavery, there could be much more. Lets be clear, people are still living hard for their pasts. A large degree of African american people are poor now because they have been poor for generations, it is in fact true, (article) that starting your life in poverty and in poverty stricken places is heavily conducive to remaining in poverty. And being property, to being dropped on your butt with NOTHING probably qualifies as poverty.

I will admit that certain neighborhoods, tend to be places where people just don't live by the same standards as other people but there are reasons for it. Mostly that they don't live like other people, it is more than just a little bit of difference it is a completely different culture. If it is a culture you are not a part of, you would not be expected to understand it, it comes from differences in values and education, and even social funding. Please understand that some level of compensation is, in fact, nessecary, if not always seemingly deserved.

Ok so next point. What kind of case does this guy really think he is making? Have we already forgotten the abomination that was George W Bush? I will write more later... my shift is over at work and I have to leave now...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I found this video by the same fellow absolutely excellent.

Comment

When he was first elected my initial reaction was that. I know some people that voted for obama because he was black without even knowing his political views. Then there's the whole first black president and "if you don't want Obama to win you're clearly racist".
          Circe

Comment

Guilt is indeed a powerful motivator for most people.

Comment

Its called the "guilty white vote." Stupid college kids, brain dead liberals....and the whites who said "Maybe if we vote this guy in, the blacks will shut up" is what got him elected.

And before any of the aforementioned come screeching in here to defend their savior....I don't like the Republican side any better. Until we get viable third and fourth party candidates to run, and get the media to stop ignoring them or sabotaging them....nothing will change.

Comment

There were definitely other viable candidates. But airtime was about zero. And this is how a campaign is totally controlled from the word go. One can't vote for someone one doesn't even know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Thothur View Post
                  There were definitely other viable candidates. But airtime was about zero. And this is how a campaign is totally controlled from the word go. One can't vote for someone one doesn't even know about.
                  Obama was a social experiment gone wrong. With all the other well spoken and qualified black candidates that *could* have been put forward....how the hell did he ever get it?

I'd much rather see Colin Powell, Allen West or Herman Cain as president than the Obumbler.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                    Obama was a social experiment gone wrong. With all the other well spoken and qualified black candidates that *could* have been put forward....how the hell did he ever get it?

I'd much rather see Colin Powell, Allen West or Herman Cain as president than the Obumbler.
                    Wow, was that a racist statement or what? Let's pick the most qualified BLACK candidate? Really?
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                      Wow, was that a racist statement or what? Let's pick the most qualified BLACK candidate? Really?
                      Really? That was racist? For stating that if the country wanted a black president.....why couldn't they pick a qualified one?

I think your Racist-O-Meter needs some recalibration.

Comment

I don't want the mods descending on me like crows on a hawk. It wastes the crow's time and irritates the hawk. So I'm bowing out. You've made yourself perfectly clear!
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          I just came across this video. Interestingly enough, its a black man saying it. Watch and discuss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ag3IiDtER3o
                          You do realize that calling attention to that as "instant credibility" is also an expression of racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                          When he was first elected my initial reaction was that. I know some people that voted for obama because he was black without even knowing his political views. Then there's the whole first black president and "if you don't want Obama to win you're clearly racist".
                          For me, it was a choice between Sarah Palin (McCain wouldn't have lasted 3 months in that job), and, you know...anyone else. Not because I am a leftie or whatever, but because Sarah Palin is INANE.

Comment

I think Monster may have been hinting that were it a white man saying it, it would be instantly discounted. But since a black man is saying it, no one can accuse the black man of being racist, now can they?

The whole this is/you are/they are/everyone is 'racist' game that society plays got old decades ago. Fork 'em all. :P

Comment

I actually voted for Obama, at least for the second term - but that was because I'd done research on the other guy and found him to be utterly batpoop insane. Obama was the lesser of two evils in my personal opinion, even if I don't agree with him. I'll take that over someone who's in with some seriously dangerous right wing cults. I'm not liberal enough for Obama exactly, but not conservative enough for the tea party types...between the two, I leaned juuuust enough toward Obama's side of the fence to vote that way.

In truth, the last election was a Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich kind of thing. Neither option was really what I wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the original post, makes sense to me! Can't say I'd argue with most of it. Also the guy in the video seems like the kinda guy I'd totally chill with.

Comment

Working...
                              X