X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Gay blood drive day

Originally posted by Monster View Post
    Other countries are communist too. Should we do *that* just because "other countries do it?"
    If it works, then it would be worthwhile to examine the evidence and make a logical decision on the matter. If it doesn't work, and I've never known communism to have worked, then no.

In this case, which is like comparing apples to nuclear bombs, I happen to agree with that comment--we should look at their blood supply measures and safety, and the epidemiology involved. You know, making a rational, science-based decision?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      If it works, then it would be worthwhile to examine the evidence and make a logical decision on the matter. If it doesn't work, and I've never known communism to have worked, then no.

In this case, which is like comparing apples to nuclear bombs, I happen to agree with that comment--we should look at their blood supply measures and safety, and the epidemiology involved. You know, making a rational, science-based decision?
      Other countries have more affordable healthcare. But the US has the best healthcare. I mean, even politicans from other countries come here because they can't get the same level of care in their own country. I'd like to keep the same standards in place if its all the same to you.

I'd rather not risk my heath to satisfy some touchy, feely politically correct bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        But the US has the best healthcare. I mean, even politicans from other countries come here because they can't get the same level of care in their own country.
        I work in health care, and...I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. In some cases, we have very, very good health care. Mainly because we have some very excellent research institutions. Cutting edge treatments and all...but in other areas...not so much. In OB care, for example...we just suck. If you compare our health care to other first world nations, we're not first--in the last study I looked at, that was the Netherlands....we were 6th
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          I work in health care, and...I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. In some cases, we have very, very good health care. Mainly because we have some very excellent research institutions. Cutting edge treatments and all...but in other areas...not so much. In OB care, for example...we just suck. If you compare our health care to other first world nations, we're not first--in the last study I looked at, that was the Netherlands....we were 6th
          I still stand by my statement though............

I'd rather not risk my heath to satisfy some touchy, feely politically correct bullshit.

Comment

As opposed to "grabby,man handling,insulting and calling people "Skippy" other politically correct side of the coin."
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post

As opposed to "grabby,man handling,insulting and calling people "Skippy" other politically correct side of the coin."
              I called him Scooter. Man....if you're going to quote me....get it right. As for the rest....I'm as far from politically correct as you can get.

Comment

We are all politically correct depending on our personal politics. Oh and sorry not skippy,but scooter is a name few would address me as in the real world.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

We are all politically correct depending on our personal politics. Oh and sorry not skippy,but scooter is a name few would address me as in the real world.
                  So....why are you so interested and butt hurt over a post that was directed at someone else who insinuated that I had zero medical knowledge or facts to back up my position..........who then proceeded to take his toys and go home when I showed him otherwise?

If *he* is so offended, let him put on his big girl panties and come debate me. I really doubt he needs your help.

Comment

You seem to favor very colorful language when expressing your feelings,and please explain "Butt hurt",is that a common expression within your group of friends?

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

*****throws handful of dirt and small bunch of flowers******
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm very expressive and......passionate, in my debating. And yes....butthurt is a common term. Much like asking someone "who licked the red off your sucker" when they start pouting like a child. And many, many more.

Comment

It seems that language becomes something of a example of attack but in a non threatening way. I have off and on run into this form of expressing disdain. Mainly I have seen this in much younger people when "Debating"

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It seems that language becomes something of a example of attack but in a non threatening way. I have off and on run into this form of expressing disdain. Mainly I have seen this in much younger people when "Debating"
                            Expressing distain is not an attack. We can distain each other's point of view and it not rise to the level of an "attack." People only feel "attacked" when their core beliefs are really challenged and they aren't secure in their convictions. I can debate someone all day long and not attack them. Or at least not purposely attack them anyway. If they FEEL like they are being attacked.......that's on them. Its what makes this country great. You have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a right to never be offended.

Comment

I see,yes we do have rights. it would not be in any ones best interest to deny the right to free expression,but also one must understand that with free expression comes a responsibility to remain civil in the discourse of ideas.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I haven't used the term "butthurt" since the 7th grade myself. And with that being said, in life you might have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of hapiness, but on this forum, if you can't be on the offensive without offending, your ability to play will eventually be taken away. This is not a free speech zone, its a community. And we have community standards. If they don't meet with your approval, you are free to leave...and if you can't meet with ours, we are free to show you the door.

Is it fair? Maybe not. But we have a vested interest in keeping the members that we like and that have been around for awhile happy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X